New Salty: My 29

Thanks you for your knowledge........ master....... *would put a bowing face but not here so* :ninja: master....... :lol:

Yeah, I often wonder why there's no bowing emoticon...

No, I'm no master though. I make booboos too. Like I said, I did buy a mandarin, I just had the common sense to rehome it when I found out it wasn't eating what ORA claimed it was supposed to eat. I'm saving you some money by giving you information.

L

Thanks Lisette for all the help through my tank and everyone elses. I appreciate all the time that you take to help other people. Thanks so much for your generousity :good:

Thanks again.......

Seems like you're not retired from the forum, been posting as much as you normally do :lol:

Pichers soon..............

Ninja :ninja:............

Sorry will hopefully get to them tommorow around 10 est (that's when I'm fully awake :D )

Not had the time and nothing really to take pics of. I have a lame aquascape and have hated all of mine so far. I have some mystery egg sacks on the glass. Also, I have a really ugly 3-4lb rock that is covered in coralline and cyano but is not very porous. It's just that it is one of the rocks thats been in my tank since almost the start, so that means it is a more mature rock. Should I take it out???? I would still have 32lbs of VERY porous rock.

Dont take it out. I has lots of beneficial organisms and things on it. The mystery egg sacks are most likely snail eggs.

Are you doing water changes every week? How much each week? How do you do your water changes?

Take a toothbrush and get all that cyano off your rock and siphon it out or after you siphon brush it off in the bucket you just filled outside of the tank. Get the rock in a high water flow area. LOW FLOW = Prime location for cyano to grow.

Also are you using RO water? Cuz low quality water doesnt help much when it comes to nitrates and other fun bacteria to take off in the tank.

Could you list us a full set of Params? We might be able to form a good conclusion as to why your getting this growth. Also please post us a couple Full Tank Shots (FTS) so we can see what powerheads are in there and direction etc. What is the powerhead rated at (gph)?

pH:
Nitrates:
Temp:
Nitrites:
Ammonia:
Salinity:

-Tyler

Thanks, as of now my salinity is 1.024 and I can say no ammonia or nitrites but will have to check on pH and nitrates. Normally they are 8.3-8.4 and 0 for nitrates. Cyano is going down now after my mom and the 12 hr photo period while I was on vacation and my dad over-feeding. I have about 400 gph in the tank but hope to fix it with a HOB skimmer, 500gph canister filter, maybe an AC 70 or 110 and 1 or 2 350gph powerheads. Enough??? :lol: The rock is in a low flow area but there is not much light so it is not spreading and with the help of nerites, astreas, and ceriths it is getting cleaner. Right now the only pretty big algae problem I have is brown film aglae on the glass but the snails have yet to find it so no biggy :lol: . I have done maybe 3-4 WC since the start, of 10%,20% and 30%. All inhabitance are active and eating. The flame angel has com out more and is eating pods now so I know he's eating. He has also ate some bloodworms and brine shrimp so he's good. I have romaine in the tank for the CUC as well as the angel and just got some seaweed today for the future. After some more filtration and flow my next investment will be a RO/DI system.

P.S. My water temp is 80 so I set my heater to 76

P.P.S. I do my WC with a clear hose from home depot and a 5 gallon bucket, the old fashion way :lol:

Most reactions

Back