Neon Tetras And Co

guppy2198

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wondered that with neon tetras and other group species if you could buy them in groups of 3. I know that you need them in a shoal of six or more but my tank (biube) only can have 1 or 3 small fish added every 28 days. I just wondered because I am thinking non-stop on what fish I should get next. Please comment on what you think. Thanks.

do you know what the surface area is?

not sure how many you could stock yet, but personally i don't think 3 neons would be too lonely for a couple of weeks until they can 3 more new playmates.

also, neons are fragile, so make sure your tank is fully cycled...

do you know what the surface area is?

not sure how many you could stock yet, but personally i don't think 3 neons would be too lonely for a couple of weeks until they can 3 more new playmates.

also, neons are fragile, so make sure your tank is fully cycled...
Whitey is quite right with neons being fragile, most of the members on here will recommend a tank/filter that is at least 6 months mature.

Keith.

When it comes to building your shoals of fish, you need to think of things long term. If you wanted say 9 of something for their comfort, there would be no problem adding those 9 in groups of 3 at a time. The larger numbers we recommend for some fish are for long term situations, not because of immediate problems faced by smaller numbers.

Most reactions

Back