New fishkeeper

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi. Everyone. Quick question. Can cpds live together in 200liter with zebras and other species of danios

As far as I’m aware CPDs are ok with various tetras and danios, also rasboras. It is recommended up to five cpds in a 10 gallon then extra 2 gallon per cpd after that.

Hi. Everyone. Quick question. Can cpds live together in 200liter with zebras and other species of danios
They are soft water fish. They are also pretty timid compared with the fast swimming zebra danio.
What will your water source be? Be aware that rainwater may be polluted and that it may be a struggle to find enough rain water in drier weather.

They are soft water fish. They are also pretty timid compared with the fast swimming zebra danio.
What will your water source be? Be aware that rainwater may be polluted and that it may be a struggle to find enough rain water in drier weather.
Thanks I have read from one person on another forum that they struggle to get food when in with zebra danios because they are faster swimming. Someone even said that they kept both and the zebras were attacking them like schoolyard bullies because they are more timid. Strengh in numbers may be with the cpds?

Thanks I have read from one person on another forum that they struggle to get food when in with zebra danios because they are faster swimming. Someone even said that they kept both and the zebras were attacking them like schoolyard bullies because they are more timid. Strengh in numbers may be with the cpds?
All small shoaling fish are happier in a big group, 10 minimum but I say 15 to 20. Occasional losses are not then reducing the group to single digits - critical levels.

Welcome.
Danios are far too active to be kept with timid fish. My Medaka’s were certainly freaked out by the ones I inherited from a mate.

My waters liquid rock as well. If it’s good looking hard water fish you want then Maidenheads do some lovely long finned WCMMs and long finned Cherry Barbs. Some on here may look down on this type of fish but they’re tough little colourful fish who don’t cause trouble in a community tank. Get 6-8 of em with a similar number of varied colourful Medaka’s and you’ve a good looking hard water tank for a beginner. Top it up with a few Endlers for comedy value and it’ll look great and not give any water hardness or bullying trouble tboot.

Trust this lot on here more than any fish shop staff. They know their stuff.

Welcome.
Danios are far too active to be kept with timid fish. My Medaka’s were certainly freaked out by the ones I inherited from a mate.

My waters liquid rock as well. If it’s good looking hard water fish you want then Maidenheads do some lovely long finned WCMMs and long finned Cherry Barbs. Some on here may look down on this type of fish but they’re tough little colourful fish who don’t cause trouble in a community tank. Get 6-8 of em with a similar number of varied colourful Medaka’s and you’ve a good looking hard water tank for a beginner. Top it up with a few Endlers for comedy value and it’ll look great and not give any water hardness or bullying trouble tboot.

Hi. I love the look of WCMM. Maidenhead we're selling the gold variety as well. The long finned cherry barbs look cool too. Not quite ment about in shops. What are Madaka

Welcome.

My waters liquid rock as well. If it’s good looking hard water fish you want then Maidenheads do some lovely long finned WCMMs and long finned Cherry Barbs. Some on here may look down on this type of fish but they’re tough little colourful fish who don’t cause trouble in a community tank. Get 6-8 of em with a similar number of colourful Medaka’s and you’ve a good looking hard water tank for a beginner. Top it up with a few Endlers for comedy value and it’ll look great and not give any water hardness or bullying trouble tboot.

Hi. I love the look of WCMM. Maidenhead were selling the gold variety as well. The long finned cherry barbs look cool too. Not quite ment about in shops. What are Madaka
Medaka. A Japanese fish that likes hard water and comes in a large variety of colours.
The gold WCMMs are the most repulsive fish on the planet imho. I can’t stand to even look at them. They’re an artificial breed but seeing as I love the LFS I can’t hold that against them.

The rice fish actually looks quite cool, a lot of colour variations, could get a nice large group of them in my 200litre. Mixed opinions on the GWCMM then. I think they look nice, especially with theWCCM.

The rice fish actually looks quite cool, a lot of colour variations, could get a nice large group of them in my 200litre. Mixed opinions on the GWCMM then. I think they look nice, especially with theWCCM.
Would I be able to use the WCMM's in a fish in cycle

Most reactions

Back