Need Help With New Computer

crimsontsavo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
We just bought an HP Pavillion m9160f for my web design business. Now my husband is freaking out because he spent so much money on it. Should I take it back and get a less powerful one? Can I do web design on a crappier one? I don't want to naturally, lol.

Better yet, is this even a computer that was worth what we paied?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ng=en&cc=us

thanks,
CT

We just bought an HP Pavillion m9160f for my web design business. Now my husband is freaking out because he spent so much money on it. Should I take it back and get a less powerful one? Can I do web design on a crappier one? I don't want to naturally, lol.

Better yet, is this even a computer that was worth what we paied?

[URL="http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ng=en&cc=us"]http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ng=en&cc=us[/URL]

thanks,
CT

not sure what your rights are in the US when looking at retail sales, but there is not much chance of a refund, bercause you now realise you spent too much! though i must admit, in the UK ATM, you can buy a comuter with the same spec, though yours had 4gb memory and this one has only 2gb, and it retails at £399 thats $850 or so.

have learned a lot from this forum so thought id share my info when and where i could - you can web design on almost *any* spec of pc, a bog standard machine will do it, you will get the most out of your hardware by using XP tho as vista has a lot of bugs to be ironed out.

Yeah you dont need a high spec machine for web design (unless you are doing a lot of graphics work for it as well then a good processer and plenty of ram helps a lot).

Cant say much on the price as I haven't built a new system for ages so haven't checked component prices in a long time. Looks like a resonable price for the spec.

have learned a lot from this forum so thought id share my info when and where i could - you can web design on almost *any* spec of pc, a bog standard machine will do it, you will get the most out of your hardware by using XP tho as vista has a lot of bugs to be ironed out.

Yeah you dont need a high spec machine for web design (unless you are doing a lot of graphics work for it as well then a good processer and plenty of ram helps a lot).
yep that occurred to me too, though after forking that amount out on a new PC, lol i felt it was the last thing the OP needed to hear! many would be surprised just how much you can do on a 800mhz-1.7ghz pc.

yep that occurred to me too, though after forking that amount out on a new PC, lol i felt it was the last thing the OP needed to hear! many would be surprised just how much you can do on a 800mhz-1.7ghz pc.
As a linux user currently using several machine of this spec for all kinds of functions i could not agree more! with the right OS even old machines can shine!

You could build a PC to wipe the floor with that for about 3/4 price yourself. But, to be honest if your just using things like frontpage, Photoshot and web-browsing, its abit OTT, in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back