My Tank

sted

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi here are a few pics of my Roma 200 tips / feedback welcome

1b2da31a.jpg

8d82578a.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looks like a good start, I'd add some more plants.

In what way would you add more plants.

Most of yours look plastic, with a couple of live maybe..?

I would add some Vallis along the back, Anubias and Java moss onto the bit of wood, cover the cave (pot) with moss, add live Hygrophilas along the fake ones, and so on.

Ya thanks really need to keep the pot as thats what my bn are breeding in. I am in the process of trying change over to live plants just need to some tips on ones easy to keep alive without c02

What is your lighting like? The wattage is on the tubes themselves.. be careful, they get hot!

Looks great. Love your substrate, you have a nice depth. I'm personally a fan of the pots, I have a similar set up in a couple of mine. My HRP's bred in mine. They make ideal caves for fish to breed. Love the background too. Easy plants are Vallis, straight and twisted and some crypts. I have these in one of my tank and they're thriving.

Niceee i'd maybe add some 'taller' similair looking rocks so it blends in with the background, kind of flow through if u get wha i mean lol!
The pot is okay imo but it's a little too clean for my liking lol.

Thanks that's because I just cleaned the tank lol

Thanks the wattage is 60 watts compiled between two bulbs

If the tank is 200 litres, then you're just over 1 wpg, which is a nice place to be. Most undemanding plants should work in that tank.

Should I increase the wattage? Better bulbs they are t8s at the moment should I get t5's how would I fit them to my light bar?

No, 1 wpg is a good amount of light to have. Anything more and you may have to add fertiliser and CO[sub]2[/sub] just to keep your plants alive.

If you want new lights, I would recommend getting a new electronic T5 ballast. I would still recommend that you aim for 1 wpg, even if you get new lights.

The tank looks great. Love the background, And i quite like the pots. But +1 for planted :good:

Ok so I have been to my lfs and bought some bits.

A power glo bulb at 30 watts. And some plants

90b3cf74.jpg

33926036.jpg

9774684a.jpg

3014c686.jpg

ed781492.jpg

c2178000.jpg

90b3cf74.jpg

33926036.jpg

9774684a.jpg

3014c686.jpg

7aeaddac.jpg