My Planted Tank Journey

Well I goofed a bit with it lol. For some reason, for a couple of days after I installed it I left the condensation shield out (this tank was bad for it, you really needed the shield) and it did start to loosen up in a few places but it seemed to stop (and I put the shield back in) and nothing ever properly peeled up/off after that but I only used it for about a month after I put it in because I got the Rio. But, my thinking is that even aluminum loses it's reflectiveness after a while and I had loads left so if some came off I could just stick more on! Also because of the weird shape of my hood I had to cut loads of smaller peices, the fewer cuts you make the less space there is to be effected by the moisture.

I'll measure it up tonight when I get home :)

Wow that's really clever! What's the difference between this type of hose and others?

Wow that's really clever! What's the difference between this type of hose and others?

This is just normal CO2 hose and I had some spare :)

Well I goofed a bit with it lol. For some reason, for a couple of days after I installed it I left the condensation shield out (this tank was bad for it, you really needed the shield) and it did start to loosen up in a few places but it seemed to stop (and I put the shield back in) and nothing ever properly peeled up/off after that but I only used it for about a month after I put it in because I got the Rio. But, my thinking is that even aluminum loses it's reflectiveness after a while and I had loads left so if some came off I could just stick more on! Also because of the weird shape of my hood I had to cut loads of smaller peices, the fewer cuts you make the less space there is to be effected by the moisture.

Thanks AA. The shots you took after applying this were really good. Whilst my main aim is to help my plants I'm hoping it will also help me produce some better shots as well :hyper:

Cabomba in a tropical tank looks well ming and if you don't think that now, you will in a few months when you pull it out. :D

Cabomba in a tropical tank looks well ming and if you don't think that now, you will in a few months when you pull it out. :D
I personally don't think it looks too bad - but hey, each to their own I guess :) Gotta get the thing growing first though.

Cos you're a woman. ;)

Limnophila is better than cabomba. As long as your water isn't too hot then it should be ok.

Cos you're a woman. ;)

Limnophila is better than cabomba. As long as your water isn't too hot then it should be ok.
I did read that Limnophila sessiliflora grows like a weed and is easier to grow than cabomba but my LFS didn't have any.

Changing the subject (keeping the peace and all), found out that they did T6 tubes a while back, meant to be brighter than T8 (not as good as T5) but would fit a T8 fitting with supplied adapters. According to AE (who has one tube left) the manufacturers didn't promote enough and they didn't catch on!

lol well someone has to keep you boys in line

going to measure that reflective stuff now - however, in true British tradition (which I have been more than happy to adopt), since the sun is shining I have poured myself a large glass of wine so take the result with a pinch of salt ;)

It's 82 x 61cm
good.gif

If you want it just let me know where to post it

Journal Update

It's been just over a week since the overhaul so though I would post some pics.

Crypts seem to be settling in nicely - new leaves are starting to appear in the centre of several plants.

I did have a few of these but removed most. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

My new java fern attached to wood - I really like this

I bought a couple of bunches of this stem plant a week ago but can't seem to work out what it is - any ideas?

My Wisteria is still going and the brown parts do not seem to have spread (I know its only a couple of days but i'm optimistic that I haven't got Minnnts skill set).

The Bolivians are fine although one of them (pictured above) is a bit of a bully at feeding time. The LFS where I got them is trying to get me a couple of females to go with them.

Most reactions

Back