My Ocean In A Box :)

Finally added my first fish today! got a pair of clowns :D will add pics shortly :D also got a torch coral .. pics to come :hyper:

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0594.jpg

Here is my 4 headed torch :) opened up straight away
DSCF0599.jpg

Finally here is a full tank shop as of tonight .. done some messing with the scape this week to make some flatter area's for frags etc..
DSCF0602.jpg

Love the rock :D Its looking really good! Will look great covered in corals :good:

Think the clowns look so tiny in there, dead cute!

Love the rock :D Its looking really good! Will look great covered in corals :good:

Think the clowns look so tiny in there, dead cute!

The clowns are tiny at the moment :lol: sadly i lost one of them due to unknown illness .. possibly was bullied and had an open cut which got infected .. LFS replaced it no problem and new clown is getting on much better and both are feeding well :D

Added two peppermint shrimp yesterday :D there amazing to watch :lol: hopefully they can kill off some of my aiptasia while they are in there. Killed most with Aiptasia X.

Will be upgrading my lighting this month once the shop has the units back in stock. Also should be sorting an RO unit aswell in the next few days.

Updates to come and will try and get some pics of the shrimps B-)

Here is some pictures from today .. all my frags are still doing well along with my torch coral which i love :D not managed to get a pic of the pepper shrimps yet because they are hiding in the rock..
225a0036.jpg

33449ddc.jpg

8692cab6.jpg

4a132923.jpg

Cant wait for the clowns to grow :lol: they look lost in the tank. Will add more pics over the next few days. Going getting some stuff off a local reefer closing his tank down tomorrow.

Love it! That first pic looks great! I haven't even looked into what corals I want yet but that looks like a lovely addition to any tank!
Your tank is coming on really nicely! Cant wait to see what googies you pick up :D
I can imagine your clowns are loving all the space to themselves! Thats not good about the first one though :( Hope these 2 are all ok! Hate it when my fish die :crazy:

Love it! That first pic looks great! I haven't even looked into what corals I want yet but that looks like a lovely addition to any tank!
Your tank is coming on really nicely! Cant wait to see what googies you pick up :D
I can imagine your clowns are loving all the space to themselves! Thats not good about the first one though :( Hope these 2 are all ok! Hate it when my fish die :crazy:

The torch is stunning .. the pic really doesn't do it justice!! i will do a vid over the weekend. All my corals are simple to care for a pretty much feed off the light. Bear in mind if you do go for a torch they need space and have long sweeping tentacles that will reach out and sting other corals. Thats why i have it placed randomly in the middle of my rock.

Both clowns are doing well and eating lots. They had abit of a fight on the first day because i had to add the second clown once the first had made his home near the heater already. Next day i turned the lights on and they was glued together and all happy. Hopefully there is no more tiffs :lol:

Looking really good, love the scape :good:

Thanks mate ;)

Ended up getting a 3 stage RO man RO Unit, some blue hermits, 2 Halloween hermits, test kits, White finger coral and some equipment for maintainance like a grabber and stuff :) oh and a big fish book. All for £70 which was a bargain I thought :D

Just thought i would add a pic of my new finger coral :D sinularia finger coral i believe is the correct name :lol:
DSCF0605.jpg

Also thought i would show you one of my new members in the CUC i have named him big Al :lol: he is a monster compared to the other hermits and motors round the tank!
30103c95.jpg

And here he is cleaning my glass :) all that side is clean now thanks to him and a large turbo :lol:
DSCF0616.jpg

Manged to catch one of the new shrimps playing out :shifty:
DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

Also forgot to add a pic of the small kenya tree frag i got a few weeks ago ..
DSCF0627.jpg

And finally can somebody id this red algae type stuff on my sand? a tiny piece of this stuff feel off a frag rock i had and has seemingly started to grow :sad: the other day a turbo munched it all up but it was back the next day :angry:
DSCF0618.jpg

Loving the tank. The algae is diatoms its what normally happens to new tank :good:

Yes I think so. maybe you might want to add some more snails? how many have you got? Also how long are your lights on for?

Yes I think so. maybe you might want to add some more snails? how many have you got? Also how long are your lights on for?

Got 6 turbo snails in at the moment and around 10 hermits.. The snails dont tend to bother with the sand though :sad: can you suggest any that stay on the sand?

As for lights i have them on for 12 hours a day.

Most reactions

Back