My New Discus

Arrrr, better look next time again I guess :lol:

Well I keep searching through the foliage in case any have hidden.

I have just done a cool water change - so there may be some more eggs in the morning.

Now one of my other pairs has started breeding!

The Ring Leopard this time

DSC_0274.jpg

HeHe

Love Potion Number 9!

When I was at school they used to put us in a cold shower to prevent these sort of circumstances but it seems to have the opposite effect for these guys!

When I was at school they used to put us in a cold shower to prevent these sort of circumstances but it seems to have the opposite effect for these guys!
They'd never get away with that now - health and safety wouldn't have it! :lol:

No I reckon they'd attack it in case it tried to eat their babies :lol: they are still cichlids after all :rolleyes:

Saying that though, DTD's young discus couple had a few domestic moments didn't they - I got the impression Mrs Fish would've hit her hubby with summat other than her tail if she only had opposable thumbs :lol:

Yes - mine are still trying to establish a pecking order & there is some pretty amazing squaring up to each other going on!

It's like being stood outside a club after closing time in......(insert city of choice so I don't offend anyone!!)

Great thanks!

They have now sorted out the pecking order & although there is still the odd bit of 'charge & bump' going on everything has settled down fine.

'Top Dog' is the blue PB that just won fish of the month :D

Absolutely beautiful discus, is definitely fuelling my addiction!!!

Time for some updated photos.

As you can tell I'm still working on the photography skills! Any tips will be very welcome!

_DSC0634.jpg

_DSC0641.jpg

_DSC0645.jpg

_DSC0623.jpg

great pics goodluck with the breeing i had many pairs with eggs but none never seemed to hatch !!!great fish

Most reactions

Back