My Custom Tank Arrived

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
So the best thing that happened during the england game today was that I got my new tank delivered!

I ordered it less than 2 weeks ago, and it was built (in the finish of my choice) to size, and with cover glass (at no extra cost) and all parts delivered and manouvered into place today. I thought I got a good deal on the cost as well, but more about that later.

7e96ec0f.jpg

Sorry about the glare on these photos by the way!

3833cad3.jpg

That central piece comes out in order to put in a large filter (which I've ordered).

c4f77d55.jpg

Lid lifts in 2 halves.

1074e5bf.jpg

Full set of cover glassses.

555c0e31.jpg

The view down the tank.

DSCN1662.jpg

and finally

DSCN1669.jpg

5x2x2 150 US gallons.

the cost to have this made and delivered (tank, cabinet and lid)? £350, and it arrived in under 2 weeks (I do have to wait 3 days for the silicone to set however).

Just have to get a piece of 5x2 polystyrene for it.

I'd love to do FOWLR with dogface puffers, mappa puffers and porcupine puffers, but sadly I'm not made of money. This tank is going to be home to a single Fahaka puffer. I'll update the thread as the parts come and the fahaka takes up residence :)

:hyper: massive lovely tank! How big is it ?

Its only a foot longer, and 6' deeper than mine, but it looks sooo much bigger! All that tank for 1 puffer! Lucky guy. I can't wait to see the progress of it. Any hints on the setup of it - hardscape and whatnot?

Awesome tank, congrats! :good:

It could hold a nice size colony of multies. :lol:

It could do, but it won't! I'm trading in my mutlies sadly :-( . I can't plant their tank and I've lost my patience with green spot algae :(

what company built your tank for you?im still looking round for a good deal on a custom

N&D aquatics. See the details here.

Any hints on the setup of it - hardscape and whatnot?[/img]

It'll be light coloured sand, and will probably have weedlike plants planted in it, but other than that, I don't know yet! Fahakas usually tear up plants so even my initial idea might not work out...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thats is a beautiful tank.
of course we want pics of the tank as stuff goes in :hey: :drool:

You should fill that tank with guppies.....

MILLIONS OF THEM!!!

it would be the best possible use of it,

Most reactions

Back