My 48g Fowlr Journey. 13 Months On...

Saturday - water and LR only, Sunday with aragonite sand and Monday with sand, PH was 8.2 each day. Today, dust has settled, PH has dropped to 7.8 any ideas why, anyone??

:/

Saturday - water and LR only, Sunday with aragonite sand and Monday with sand, PH was 8.2 each day. Today, dust has settled, PH has dropped to 7.8 any ideas why, anyone??

odd!

i guess it's just things settling down, when we first got our tank the ph dropped to about 7.2, did a water change and it came back up again. have you checked your salinity is OK.... cos the salt should also contain a ph buffer... so maybe if the salinity is low there's not enough buffer so the ph is low ?? clutching at straws though maybe!

odd!

i guess it's just things settling down, when we first got our tank the ph dropped to about 7.2, did a water change and it came back up again. have you checked your salinity is OK.... cos the salt should also contain a ph buffer... so maybe if the salinity is low there's not enough buffer so the ph is low ?? clutching at straws though maybe!

Salinity is 1.024, all other parameters are fine... :S I thought adding the sand would actually increase it, if anything...how strange...

LOL, You guys sound so busy :fun: I don't recall having to do that much work when I was starting up my tank :p

Hey, I can make myself sound like I'm busy whilst sitting on my tush watching TV ;) It takes practise, but I have it off to a fine art. :good:

still waiting on some pics!!! haha :lol: :lol:

Soon soon!!

odd!

Salinity is 1.024, all other parameters are fine... :S I thought adding the sand would actually increase it, if anything...how strange...

fair enough!, that was my only hope sorry, now where's Ski Fletch :rolleyes:

odd!

fair enough!, that was my only hope sorry, now where's Ski Fletch :rolleyes:

LMAO!! He is probably in bed. It's a disgrace! Thanks anyway... t'was worth a shot eh? LOL (oh god, just read that back, had spelt 'shot' wrong... too funny!!)

:lol: :lol:

yup disgraceful!!

i'm v jealous, i could really do with going back to bed today, feel awful and i'm only making the bare minimum of efforts to do any work :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: oops! :blush:

:lol: :lol:

yup disgraceful!!

i'm v jealous, i could really do with going back to bed today, feel awful and i'm only making the bare minimum of efforts to do any work :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: oops! :blush:

You can be jealous of me aswell then, cos I work from home so can go back to bed anytime I want :hyper: !

But then, I don't earn much, so it all comes back around.... :crazy:

well it looks like i'll be doing bugger all from the comfort of my own home the next few weeks. I've got a really bad back and it's just starting playing up a bit. Think I might be off home this afternoon. last time it flared up i was off for 3 months though :X

well it looks like i'll be doing bugger all from the comfort of my own home the next few weeks. I've got a really bad back and it's just starting playing up a bit. Think I might be off home this afternoon. last time it flared up i was off for 3 months though :X

Oh no :( take care of yourself... it'll be carrying all those buckets of water around! Feel better soon :flowers:

thanks,

actually worked out the other day when we downsized our tanks we've got rid of all bar 1 of the tanks that i maintain, so now I just have my 8g to look after, and Ian has the 2 big tanks and his little one, and we both do the marine tank. so i've got quite a good deal on carting buckets of water around now! :hey: :lol:

we don't really know what's causing it, just waiting for an appiontment at the hospital to get it x-ray'd now. they keep testing and ruling stuff out but they can't find what's caused it, bit of a bugger cos with no diagnosis you can't really treat it :/

i'll stop wingeing now anyway and let you get your thread back on track!

thanks,

actually worked out the other day when we downsized our tanks we've got rid of all bar 1 of the tanks that i maintain, so now I just have my 8g to look after, and Ian has the 2 big tanks and his little one, and we both do the marine tank. so i've got quite a good deal on carting buckets of water around now! :hey: :lol:

we don't really know what's causing it, just waiting for an appiontment at the hospital to get it x-ray'd now. they keep testing and ruling stuff out but they can't find what's caused it, bit of a bugger cos with no diagnosis you can't really treat it :/

i'll stop wingeing now anyway and let you get your thread back on track!

Back problems, they never can find the cause it seems.

ok ok.. yeah yeah... pictures... I'll go do them now. LOL

Pictures! Please excuse the fakey corals, hubby thought it was a good idea. I'm hoping a rock will fall on top of them... 'accidently'. :D

So, aquascaped and umm, well... done!

full_tank_shot.jpg

Now, my moonlights... had to take this pic with my mobile phone for the night vision thing, looks gorgeous at night actually.

moonlight_full_tank.jpg

We're attacking it with the putty tonight, which means it will end up different, the right hand side island is too buky, so we're rearranging it a little. It does have a great big hole in the middle, but you can't see it on the pictures... anyways... more pics tomorrow when the critters arrive :)

Most reactions

Back