Menacer's Fishless Cycle Log

I am finding this a rather interesting cycle.. glad that you're sticking with it!

Hey congratulations on your first zero!! Keep us updated!
K

Congrats mate!!
Im going to do the same - give mine 30 days as well, then clear and restart if nothing!

April Fools! Happy but sad that ammonia has not really dropped! but my nitrite has rocketed today on a serious note see ammendment to my april fools ;)

I can't see how it can be the filter that's causing the slow ammonia drop. I have exactly the same and my ammonia dropping was fine.
I thought it was never going to happened - but eventually did :] this fishless cycling is a test of patience. But just think at the end of the day - what would you sooner have?
A cycled tank with HAPPY, HEALTHY fish or fish that have been exposed to toxins un-necessarily!? Now trust me I'm not the most patient person in the world always wanting soon as, but I managed to near the end of my cycle (bar the minor complication with nitrite) it will happen, just have a little bit of faith, and in the meantime we're all here to support you after all don't forget we all have something in common :]

This one is stressful to too to those of us that are on here saying it will work. It's so similar to kporteo's fishless cycle. We always wish we understood what other factors might be there (that could possibly be measured) that are working against the average ones we see more often. It certainly is helpful and encouraging when someone like little nemo with the same filter is there to say that the filter worked ok in different circumstances. Anyway, let's hope we finally see something before much longer.

WD

Yes lets hope so and thanks every one for your kind words ;)

menacer: can you get an LFS or someone else to test your water (with a different kit) to double check the ammonia reading? You shake all the bottles well before testing?

AT LAST! Finally the Ammonia has started moving!

Yes Kitty Kat i shake them like mad for about 10 seconds, i know it says 5 seconds but a bit more cant do any harm!

THAT LIGHTER SHADE OF GREEN PUTS A SMILE ON YOUR FACE! :hyper:

Most reactions

Back