Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

I love the tannin stained water, it looks really good.

It makes it all dark and mysterious... I really need to do a waterchange, though. I have to get my act together and be motivated.

Liz

hi liz, what fish do you have in there at the moment?. im currently stocking my 60 litre and im after some inspiration :)

hi liz, what fish do you have in there at the moment?. im currently stocking my 60 litre and im after some inspiration :)

Hi Creg,

I've got...

White Cloud Mountain Minnows
Otos
Rasbora Heteromorpha
Rasbora gracilis
2 female bettas (temporary arrangement while I was on Holiday)

Wish I had less species, but many of the fish are from my previous scape.

cool selection of fish. i bought 5 black phantom tetra yesterday and was thinking of getting some boraras brigittae but as you say less species and bigger schools look better so i might just get more bpt`s

how come you dont have some shrimp or snails?

cool selection of fish. i bought 5 black phantom tetra yesterday and was thinking of getting some boraras brigittae but as you say less species and bigger schools look better so i might just get more bpt`s

Thanks. If I removed anything and made a species tank, it would be the r. gracilis. There is just something about that fish that is so cool and elegant to watch. They're ok here, but best for a larger tank. I'd love a school of 20. I've always liked less species and bigger schools. I also like matching regions if possible. All of my fish, save the otos, are Asian, or they're all cyprinids. If you did want a second school, I'd go with another hyphessobrycon species, or at least another South American species.

I've always wanted a big ol' Bamboo shrimp. I think they are so beautiful. Had teeny crabs once in another scape, but no, I've not had many invertebrates. Haven't really been interested in them. They're super pretty and all, but very expensive, and I don't have reliable sources in Miami, unless they're SW. The only inverts we get in the local stores are ghost shrimp, fiddler crabs, crawfish, and apple snails. None of these are appealing to me. The only snails I have in my tank are the pest snails that come in plants, but I mostly ignore them, or stop feeding the fish for a week and the snails disappear.

Thanks. If I removed anything and made a species tank, it would be the r. gracilis. There is just something about that fish that is so cool and elegant to watch. They're ok here, but best for a larger tank. I'd love a school of 20. I've always liked less species and bigger schools. I also like matching regions if possible. All of my fish, save the otos, are Asian, or they're all cyprinids. If you did want a second school, I'd go with another hyphessobrycon species, or at least another South American species.

I've always wanted a big ol' Bamboo shrimp. I think they are so beautiful. Had teeny crabs once in another scape, but no, I've not had many invertebrates. Haven't really been interested in them. They're super pretty and all, but very expensive, and I don't have reliable sources in Miami, unless they're SW. The only inverts we get in the local stores are ghost shrimp, fiddler crabs, crawfish, and apple snails. None of these are appealing to me. The only snails I have in my tank are the pest snails that come in plants, but I mostly ignore them, or stop feeding the fish for a week and the snails disappear.

i was actually going to mention r. gracilis, i cant find much info on them but from the one pic i managed to find they look very cool with the glassfish type see-through bodies, ive never seen them in my lfs thats for sure. i think i might get another tetra species and have a south american theme although my plants are`nt themed, just a bit worried about over stocking.

inverts are really expensive here too (england) i was looking at some crystal red shrimp at my lfs and called over someone who worked there to ask "how many do i get for £6.99, not just one is it?" which he answered "yes it is" :blink:

They are a lovely fish. Sold to me as Rasbora pauciperforata, but they are indeed R. gracilis.

OK, did some maintenance today.

All the salvinia minima I removed from the surface. There is still some on the tank. This is just crazy! Chucked it outside in a tub of water. LOL, should convert my pool to a planted tank.

214fe4ff.jpg

Draining the tank...

b4ad54ad.jpg

Some lovely anubias, petite nana, but what a lovely cluster. I've got plants from IL still, or they are descendants from those original plants, so about 5-6 years.

28f6692c.jpg

Edit: had video, will fix this... bleh

Edit of the Edit: Fixed the video! Yay!

FTS... I must do something about this moss, it's crazy. The bolbitis is overgrown too, but right now, it's about cleaning the tank. Not looking forward to removing the wood to prune the moss and the bolbitis.

d73bf8d9.jpg

Female betta. She's doing quite well, so she'll stay for now.

b03e0406.jpg

looking great Liz! I reckon a small sorority would work well in there as well. :good:

looking great Liz! I reckon a small sorority would work well in there as well. :good:

You sure you wanna go there? Aren't I breaking a couple of rules already? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually thought about it, but where I get females will often have plakat males in the mix, so not sure that's a great idea. Besides, while I like bettas, I'm not betta crazy.

Thank you... I can't wait to do a proper trim and reattach the moss wall, but it'll take time.

Liz

voted!

anyways that tank is bigger than a litre, it's way to big for a Betta.

Will be looking at the results of the poll tomorrow and then doing exactly what I feel like doing... LOLOLOL I really enjoyed the comments, though, very interesting to see different perspectives.

Expect pictures either tomorrow night or the next day.

Liz

:lol: didn't get to this today. Will do it tomorrow.

Liz

LOL, didn't get to it yesterday, but I did some work today!

I closed the poll. Wow! Was very surprised with how many people like the wall.

I didn't put the wall up today, but...

I removed the moss from the wood. LOL, now I have more for the wall. I also added pelia to the wood and pruned the Bolbitis.

2cb6a72b.jpg

b2eecf7f.jpg

aac566d2.jpg

Tomorrow I'll add the wall.

Liz

Most reactions

Back