Juwel Rio 125 Tropical To Marine Conversion

I like those lovely dark green torches :good: get some milliput and stick the frag on a rock, so it can stand up

Seffie x

yeah they are really nice, didnt realise you had to dose with calcium though. need to get a test tomorrow. already got the additive.

went to the lfs today and bought a couple more additions :D

PA090102.jpg

hes hiding atm so ill get a better pic when he starts exploring. i know its a wrasse just not sure what type. any ideas?

bought this too. again no idea what it is?

PA090100.jpg

Uh oh... Buying without knowing what your buying :p

Definitely a wrasse or hog of some type. Many are not reef safe... so watch your inverts...

Second is just a mushroom.

Uh oh... Buying without knowing what your buying :p

Definitely a wrasse or hog of some type. Many are not reef safe... so watch your inverts...

Second is just a mushroom.

yup lol, should have done a bit of research before buying but i just took the shops word for it, they said its pretty tame and shouldnt be a problem with whats in the tank already. time will tell :)

its currently buried itself deep in the gravel which is the behaviour of a wrasse from what iv read.

well i found out what the fish was and it turns out it was a puddingwife wrasse... they grow to over a foot in length and weigh in at around 5lbs when grown :blink:

i spent ages earlier dismantling my tank trying to catch it. finally caught it after it accidently swam into the net lol. anyway i took it back to the LFS and told them about my findings and they replaced it with a cleaner wrasse and a turbo.

wow buetifle fish but pitty on the size

yeah bit gutted i had to take it back. unfortunately i had to do the same with the cleaner wrasse after doing some reading. the longer serving member of the lfs said i should never have been sold it for my tank.

anyway i got a new coral instead. its a 3 head duncan coral with another head forming on the side. its hiding atm but will hopefully emerge tomorrow.

PA120112.jpg

the torch has come out a lot and is looking pretty nice, i think its lost a little colour on the top tho?

PA120113.jpg

FTS

PA120110.jpg

water parameters

amm 0
no2 0
no3 10
gh 8
kh 15
ph 8.5
alk 1.7
calc 420

got another new addition yesterday.. a leather finger coral i think?

PA140110.jpg

seems to have flopped a little so gonna see how it does where it is for a couple more days and if it doesnt pick up its going to the top of the tank for some extra light therapy

looking at buying a coral beauty next week, just unsure as ive heard they nip at corals

Flow is more important to leathers than light :good: and yes, Coral Bs hae been known to nip corals but some have been lucky with this fish

Seffie x

the leather wasnt improving much where it was so iv moved it to the top of the rock pile and its doing well. got a few more fingers starting off it and it seems to have turned a brighter shade of orange.

one of the torches heads is splitting too :D should be a 5 head soon.

bought a peice of lr today with a zoa colony on it (pics to follow) and a green chromy. gonna get him a few tank mates over the next week or so. didnt want to pile on the bioload in one go. would this be ok?

green chromas are nasty little devils, you need at least six in tank imo as they pick off the weakest in a small group and just keep going until there is only one!!

Seffie x

why do fish shops fill us with so much crap, so annoying. i really need to start researching rather than asking them before i buy.

the chromi seems to be quite happy on its own would it be better to leave it like this? he likes swimming with the clowns quite a bit.

that will be fish number three going back if i do :(

heres a pic of the leather in its new spot
PA170121.jpg

PA170117.jpg

and the zoas
PA170119.jpg

PA170120.jpg

mushrooms
PA170122.jpg

FTS
PA170124.jpg

^^ the chromi seems to like swimming with the clowns

getting there now. probs gonna let the tank settle for a little while now before i put anything else in there.

want some low lying coral next as theres not much going on at the sand bed. any suggestions?

Most reactions

Back