Just Won Some Blue Limias Off Ebay!

Frollickyfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So excited, never seen them before but they sound really pretty! :drool: If anyone has any advice or any pictures of them Id appreciate it.
Oh and if the person I bid against reads this them Im sorry lol! :lol:

Got a picture?

This is a pic of the parents as advertised on Ebay but apparently it doesnt do them justice as they are a lovely shimmering blue with black stripes!
limias.jpg

Please to hear someone is getting into wild type livebearers.

Their latin name is Limia melanogaster and they are a very good looking fish.

They are fairly easy to breed and if kept in a reasonably well planted aquaria and kept well fed, they will not trouble their young.

The only thing you need to be careful of is not letting the tanks get too cold; they do well in warmer water. In cool water they will get skinny and die which is a common problem with Limias.

I know both of the people who are selling these fish on ebay at the moment, Shelplec and Sexfasciata and I would not hesitate in recommending their fish, they are both A1* breeders.

Please to hear someone is getting into wild type livebearers.

Their latin name is Limia melanogaster and they are a very good looking fish.

They are fairly easy to breed and if kept in a reasonably well planted aquaria and kept well fed, they will not trouble their young.

The only thing you need to be careful of is not letting the tanks get too cold; they do well in warmer water. In cool water they will get skinny and die which is a common problem with Limias.

I know both of the people who are selling these fish on ebay at the moment, Shelplec and Sexfasciata and I would not hesitate in recommending their fish, they are both A1* breeders.

Thanks for the information. I tend to keep my tanks on the warmer side so they should be happy! I bought them from Sexfasciata and they had some lovely Endlers too but I really need to stop buying now and concentrate on what I have as I seem to have become obsessed lol!

Most reactions

Back