Josh's Marine Adventure!

Cheers Jack, I need to pick up those test kits then :good:

I'll go hunt down the smallest I can find this weekend then hopefully :)

Here's some pics for you:
d4f81626.jpg

My Blob of chaeto lol
7bb85802.jpg

Within 5 minutes of him being in the tank he was primary target of the cleaner shrimp :p :lol: he was having none of it though!

hes beautiful after weighing up which to get either pyjama or banggai i think ill go banggai, he is a stunner, oh the temptation is killing me!

i would be careful and watch the shrimp (s) they have monster mouths cardinals , but i dont think he will take any providing hes tank bred.

Yeah seriously nice fish, go pick yours up for sure :D

Hope he wont take a chunk outa my shrimp lol, shrimps fairy big and cardinals quite small atm so hope not! I assume he's tank bred, the guy collects all his stock from TMC in bristol each week, once I get my clown to replace the lost one I wont stock fish for a while, just corals!

I decided not to place that LR rubble straight into the tank, Instead I have it in a spare tank with PH incase it kicked off a cycle in my main tank :) so tempting to leave it in there and start another, but I'll resist...for now :p

There's only 2 more fish that I'd like now and thats a royal dottyback and a purple faced firefish I think, see how it goes though!

id be careful, mixing the dottyback and the firefish may not be a good idea, dottybacks are arsey fish and in the marine side of things, it is advised that you do not keep fish of similar colouration and shape together.

personally i would go with the firefish

the cardinal coming from TMC will be tank bred, anything from TMC will be tank bred, tank bred fish will normally leave others alone compared to wild caught

He is a nice boy. I really do like them to look at.

If your LFS stocks from TMC how about a flasher wrasse instead of the dottyback. If he collects from TMC he will be able to pick out a good one for you, especially if he has the stock list on hand before he goes so you can give him an idea of what you want. :good:

Ah yeah of course :S what about a royal gramma? Or same problem again? I know they can be quite aggressive in general too so could be best avoided.

glad that it's tank bred then :)

Edit - just seen your post Tina, ooh a flasher wrasse! do they have any special requirements? they certainly add a nice big splash of colour :D I think I should get friendly with them then ask to go TMC with him one day :good:

They do like a few feedings a day but the HOB refugium is a benefit for them. They would be OK with the stock you already have and are stunning for a splash of colour, whichever colour you want really. :good:

Do you think I am biased though??

They do like a few feedings a day but the HOB refugium is a benefit for them. They would be OK with the stock you already have and are stunning for a splash of colour, whichever colour you want really. :good:

Do you think I am biased though??
Thats no problem with regular feeds, I really like the blues :drool: out of interest, how much did you pay for your flasher?

You arent biased in the slightest im sure :lol: hope this rubble cures quick, was given a bag and allowed to choose what I wanted, from his sump or curing tank so had a great time picking out bits :good:

.My flasher cost me £29.00, extremely cheap I think for a fish that has so much impact.
ditto, is it from TMC? if so my LFS should have them for the same price (instead of £60 a piece at maidenhead :angry: )

retailers buy stock in and times the trade price by 2.5 to get a retail price. thats generally how it works with TMC anyway

It is TMC however as she ordered it in especially for one of her best customers (Thats me by the way :lol:)
she may have charged me less than the 2.5x.

Maidenhead are a rip off merchant.

Most reactions

Back