Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello and welcome to the madhouse, glad we have another oscar lover, these guys are great looking fish and just like having a dog i a tank :blink:
they grow sooo quick if you blink you will miss it, keep taking lots of photo's,,you will think"ohh he eas'nt grown much,just look back at the pics,you will then notice the difference,, :good:
shela :shifty: -_-

nice tahh meet yall

i have a 49 gallon marineland with a warped front, and my filter is a tetra whisper ex45 that i keep in my living room
Up in my room i have a twenty gallon with a marble pleco, a peacock eel, a bronze cory and 5 various highfin platies, a baby paltie he is about an inch now he grew so fast

im interested in how fast my oscar will grow, :shout: IM EXCITED!!!!

well lets hope this works i did my best for a pic (its from my phone sorry! my D80 doesnt have a memory card right now i lost

looks as though the tables have turned HAHAHA

PS wassss my number!?

We've (me & "my" Oscars - in Tony's tank) just had another batch of eggs, which were guarded by both parents this time & did not all turn white this time before they were eaten (2 & a half days) mainly because of multiple power trips switching lights & pumps off sporadically..... lot more confidence in parents and myself for a successful spawning in the near future.

a man at my lfs told me the funniest thing yesterday.

you could keep neon tetras in an oscar tank........................... i laughed.......but he wasnt joking.

I honestly kept about 20 platies with my Oscars in a pond before I moved them to Tony's tank for about 3 months, and the Platies actually multiplied..... Since removing them, (the Oscars) however.... I placed 5 juvenile Oscars into this pond & all Platies have dissapeared......

07122008257.jpg

Sooo grumpy! ;)

Hello, all - I usually don't keep oscars - but have always admired them.

I know have 3 white oscar youths - about 3 inches long.

I need to get them out of my pond and put them in a tank.

Can I go with a 46 gallon bow tank. Or should I go with a 75 or 90 gallon?

as big as you can go. the bigger the better.
unfortunatly the problem you may encouter with three youths, is once they mature, two may pair off and attack/kill/maim the third. be on the look out for fighting as they hit around 14 months :)

ok heres my two O's

Scar ( not camera shy :fro: )

HPIM1371-vi.jpg

Lutino still to be named, showing signs of being bloated but we are working on that with peas at the minute (is camera shy)

HPIM1375-vi.jpg

scar is stunning, unfortunatly i cant veiw the lutino pic :( but ill check back later :)

shelagh xxx

that is a fab pic by the way

scar is stunning, unfortunatly i cant veiw the lutino pic :( but ill check back later :)

shelagh xxx

that is a fab pic by the way

scar is now starting to colour up nicely. Just wish he would stop being an oscar sometimes and stop scraping himself on things lol.

can you see the lutino pic yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back