Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
hia,yes i can see him now, wow wow wow i tell u what i love his finage, looks difrent to my day days, so i went to his tank to look, its the same lol, but on yours it seems so much longer ( anal fin) hes one mighty fish,he beauitiful

any thoughts on names for him yet?

shelagh xxx

i agree i love his fins, shame he's the less dominante one and stays out the way alot

no not got a name yet want something other than the obvious for white fish lol

well i thought id better join the club now as ive rehome 4 oscars in the past 5 weeks
i got
1@ 10" red tiger-unsexed
1@ 8" red
these came from manchester 4/5 weeks ago-unsexed
1@ 4" snow oscar i bought from my lfs in oct this year-unsexed
1@ 14" red - male
1@ 13" lutino - male got these 2 a couple of days ago from west yorkshire
ill get some pics up asap my sister has borrowed my cam

Hmmz, not sure if you can see in my last post a small "spot" on his lower lip, its growing :(

Looks kinda like a wart, hard and fleshy rather than anything fungal. I suspect he's knocked himself (again!) whilst chasing the pleco. Just done an extra water change and will keep an eye but its just a bit odd!

well i thought id better join the club now as ive rehome 4 oscars in the past 5 weeks
i got
1@ 10" red tiger-unsexed
1@ 8" red
these came from manchester 4/5 weeks ago-unsexed
1@ 4" snow oscar i bought from my lfs in oct this year-unsexed
1@ 14" red - male
1@ 13" lutino - male got these 2 a couple of days ago from west yorkshire
ill get some pics up asap my sister has borrowed my cam

*comes in all concerned and worried*

please dont say you've put all these oscars together in a six foot tank? theres gonna be mayhem......(!)

they may well be.. but they may not like eachother.. i think you may have to return some,and keep those that have been together from a very young age,what you have will never work.. not in a million years.. im so sorryi know u were doing a good thing, but do it sooner rather than later

im currently cycling a 5 foot tank for the bigger oscars i fetched the other day as thats where theyre going but its not ready yet so together they have to go for now

hia tony
how are things? are they all getting along? and why not transfer some of your old filter media into your new tank filter? may mean a few water changes, but in all honesty it think it would be safer than the current situation :)

shelagh xxx

My 2 were getting ready again for their next spawn with fully projected ovipositars, so I was compelled to do a water change, & all their intentions (and the ovipositars vanished in a moment) are they now completely discouraged from spawning, or will they recover (their efforts) in a day or 2.....??.....

hia tony
how are things? are they all getting along? and why not transfer some of your old filter media into your new tank filter? may mean a few water changes, but in all honesty it think it would be safer than the current situation :)

shelagh xxx

hi yes theyre still getting along fine they swim round the tank together all side by side the other tank is running a different type of filter so the media swap would be no good

Thought I'd update with the latest pictures of Oscar & Wilde as they are both getting along great so far (touch wood) and are getting bigger by the day!

P1020913.jpg

(Wilde & Oscar, with a couple of the moss balls I got today)

P1020939.jpg

(Oscar on his own with a plant that will prob be floating about by the morning!)

happy new year all my fellow fishy friends.

lots of tears of joy and sadness here over the festive time, due to a close family member death and lots of things.

and some fantastic news for my oscars. they have been offered a new home in a local zoo!!!!!!! this weekend i say goodbye to waldorf and statler, they are off to the Olmense zoo(!) long story but im so chuffed, i get to go and visit them etc, and i know they'll be properely cared for. and you know what, i dont really feel sad either, as they are getting an even bigger tank and lots of attention!

fantastic news spish. it really is.. imagine all the room they`ll have, and u have no reason whatsoever to feel sad.. u have done a wonderful job with them
sorry for your loss, i hope 2009 bring you joy

shelagh xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back