Join The Oscar Club, Its Just For Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sushi Update - he is now fully grown (about 12-13")

15042009521.jpg

he is still loving life and has a new long time partner

Texas (about 11")

11042009503.jpg

:) hope all are well :)

i obviously have several other fish in there n'all

including my vieja sypsillum which is growing nicely

awwwww :lol: they are sooooooooooo cute, they look teeny,:lol:what makes you think that they are both males? at that size they are only very young and without spawning or venting there isnt really any way to tell, so u never know wink.gif

I don't but they had to have a name, their just so comical too, and their inseperable they swim in formation and all sorts.

their only 4 & 5 inches or so.

awwwww :lol: they are sooooooooooo cute, they look teeny,:lol:what makes you think that they are both males? at that size they are only very young and without spawning or venting there isnt really any way to tell, so u never know wink.gif

I don't but they had to have a name, their just so comical too, and their inseperable they swim in formation and all sorts.

their only 4 & 5 inches or so.

yeah funny enough all mine had male names, i think all oscars look like boys :)

the bit about 2 males was for indigoj by the way not you momo :)

hes looking stunning as ever peter :) i dont recall ever hearing how you got that deep tank planted up with those (possibly weighted plastic ) plants?? was it fun ,did you get soaked ? :lol:

the plants are on a resin/gravel base and just sink to the bottom!

i cant reach the bottom of the tank...only about 2/3 of the way down so i tend to get wet alot haha!!

sushi has dug up the undergravel air tube and i cant get it back under the gravel...dunno what to do... lol i was thinking i might get some air stones instead and hide them in the pots and things instead.. haha

hope your well shelagh! :)

Shelaghfishface -

I think they are 2 males because of the bullying going on. The 2 that I am hoping are a pair scrap a little but only over food, the other 2 fight quite a lot, one is getting quite bullied and I'm going to separate them.

Shelaghfishface -

I think they are 2 males because of the bullying going on. The 2 that I am hoping are a pair scrap a little but only over food, the other 2 fight quite a lot, one is getting quite bullied and I'm going to separate them.

mate that seriously does not mean anything, my worst offender for aggression was female<she died>so i checked the breeding tube to know for sure>>
my male<checked his tube also, was soooo placid he was freind's with anything

have found the perfect oscar,, well the next most perfect oscar after bumface that is :p :lol: hes huge!!, havent got him yet as im now on a hunt to find a tank big enough for him,
found a lovely lfs today and apparently hed been brought in 4 weeks ago due to outgrowing the tank, hes in perfect health, no signs of anything wrong with him at all ( or signs of ever having had hth), so i dont care if i only get a glass tank with hood and filter for now, i neeeeeeeeed that fish!!!!!!!!!...

wish me luck :)

shelagh xxxx

have found the perfect oscar,, well the next most perfect oscar after bumface that is :p :lol: hes huge!!, havent got him yet as im now on a hunt to find a tank big enough for him,
found a lovely lfs today and apparently hed been brought in 4 weeks ago due to outgrowing the tank, hes in perfect health, no signs of anything wrong with him at all ( or signs of ever having had hth), so i dont care if i only get a glass tank with hood and filter for now, i neeeeeeeeed that fish!!!!!!!!!...

wish me luck :)

shelagh xxxx

Know that feeling, had a felling like that ages ago my LFS had 6 O's in 8-15inches came from someone who had an 8' tank but shut it down i think they said.

I wanted them all :lol:

i cant find anything anywhere.. any ideas on any sites to try ive tried ebay, aquarists classifieds, preloved,gumtree,adtrader,freeads.. really dont have he cash to go and buy a new setup at the moment

oh hellllllllllllpppp :-(
i will buy a paddling pool if i have to ya know!!!!!!! :lol:

there was a 6x2x2 with cabinet on ebay last week shame you didnt see the Oscar then! it went really cheap too.

Not really seen any big tanks ately

EMAIL THEM !!!!! offer them the starting price..oh thats a bugger when that happens eh,bet it will be relisted if they didnt end it early to sell outwith ebay

good luck you ,hope u get it, someone is having luck today but it aint me :lol:

makes me sick.. look at this 370189903716 im not allowed to say the word,or descrobe what id like to do to the seller , was going to email and point out the obvious but i wouldnt want to risk them withdrawing the sale and the poor buggers having to stay there

cos its naughty words :lol:

the red oscars that shes selling are in what looks like a 100 litre tank and she says they are a breeding pair :/ doubt that very much at that size.. shes also selling a "breeding pair" of whites... i know if i had a breeding pair i wouldnt keep them in the bathroom in a tiny tank .. they would proudly take the place of the sofa, tv, cooker, bed... anything really :lol:

i expect its down to bad advice from a lfs but all the same :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back