Jimbooo's Jungle Journal 3 (50g Cube 2x2x2)

Stunning m8 ,must admit I didn't think the java moss would look good as a carpet, but it looks awesome.
(Hehe looks to tank full of moss,wonder if it will fit in my other tanks)
Tank had some real depth to it, Fishy heaven. Nice 1 m8ty

er no it kind of does what it likes you cant really prune it as such, just remove whole leaves. take a look at RYO's sig above. he has one just left of centre front

Hi Jimbooo, just been checking out your cube. Looking very good. You've inspired me.

I've just ordered my 36W bulb and thingy.

Now I need to start the great hunt for that 'perfect' bit of wood.

glad to help sam, the wood is so important i cant stress enough.

bearing in mind your using low light a heafty chunk gives you room to strap on anubias etc higher up in the tank ie closer to the lights.

i spent about £50 on mine, well worth the expence

good luck

thanks demonmagus. plants:

- amazon swords (bhleri) x 3
- straight vallis
- windelov java fern
- normal java fern
- sagittaria subulata
- java moss carpet
- tiger lotus lily
- anubias barti (on the left)
- anubias nana - from cuttings (on the right)

cleaning consists of gravel vac for the front 1/3 of substrate and the java carpet gets a good hoover to get all the bits out. java fern is rather tough so i just stab the vac in the "bush" and get all the crud out that gets trapped deep in the plant, other than that just water changing from the top.

oh and i just bought 2 massive armoured shrimps one is about 5/6 inches the other 4/5 inches. they are filter feeders and eat all the crap under the bogwood. i've seen them twice in a week so far so they must be busy cleaning up after the gazillion guppy fry..

no pics yet the glimpse of them that i have seen is kind of 1/2 a leg and the odd wisker poking out from under the wood. they are pretty shy at £10 each theyre not the most active of pets but they scare the hell out of my girlfriend LOL. they literally look like mini lobsters. i love um..

** remembers what jimbooo said last time about my comments.. and how it applies to posts as well as speaking.

** remembers what jimbooo said last time about my comments.. and how it applies to posts as well as speaking.

yep, you got it. dirty bugger

In some forums, "sticky" means "pinning" threads. :unsure: Maybe he wants this thread to be pinned. Not a bad idea.

ahh i see, nah it's just a journal we have the members planted tanks pinned thread already. i'll add this tank to my other 2 on there at some point. (takes a while to write it up)

Thanks for the tips jimbooo. I can imagine that perhaps a cube is easier to find wood for. I always find the larger pieces just dont fit the depth of my tank (12"). I don't really want to cut the wood as it wont look so natural. I think I may have to go with several pieces and silicon them together.

I completely gutted my tank last night. The algae is really bad. ALl I have left is java moss and one anubias nana on a small piece of wood! I've kept the lights switched off for now as I don't want an algae bloom. Hopefully the new light will arrive tomorrow and if I'm lucky I'll get time to stop by some garden centers inbetween venue hunting this weekend.

Most reactions

Back