Is It Just Me Or Do These Tanks Multiply?

Davey Jones

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it just me or do these tanks multiply? :)
A year ago i bought a small 50litre, couple of months later a 70litre tank gets purchased, I then acquire a 350litre and today i am about to acquire a 150litre i havn't even stocked the 350 yet :rolleyes:

it's called multiple tank syndrome.
most of us have it
i have 5 tanks at the moment, and also suffering from MBS too (multiple betta syndrome)
i've only been fishkeeping for well, this is my 3rd year

yep i have 5 tanks, they have just.....accumalted :whistle:

If you dont keep an eye on them they set up colonies and take over whole rooms in your house

post-585-1161098654.jpg

My Mrs is going to pull her hair out when I come home with another tank today :whistle: i'm trying to convert her but it's not working :rolleyes: She's one of those people who think it's all a waste of time & money :angry:
Oh well guess i'll be in the dog house for a couple of day's, lucky I have a load of work on & won't be in the house much :eek:

If you dont keep an eye on them they set up colonies and take over whole rooms in your house

post-585-1161098654.jpg

If I tried this i'd be living alone :rofl:

Apparently it's like tattoos one is never enough :rolleyes:

Yep. Another case of MTS. Like potato chips one is not wnough. They multiply like rabbits if you're not careful.

yer i actually hope i get MTS because i have a small 8 gal tank but in my teck i could make a stand 4 the tank so i can spend most of my money on a huge tank. :D

cfc how many tanks are in that room

Two teeny weeny months ago I walked into my lfs and started enquiring about a tank for a betta. I didn't yet have a betta, but had been told that they were quite low maintenance fish, which sounded great for someone like me who had 4 children, a cat a husband etc, etc. I only wanted *one* small (6g) tank, and *one* small fish, and that would be quite enough, thank you very much.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At least I had the sense to say to Mr Lfs Man "Well, unless I go and get obsessed or something " :hyper:

Already have another 20g, and am in process of buying a 50g - and I swear I have literally gone round the house with a measuring tape and eyed up every single nook and cranny over 2' with an eye to where another tank can go.....

I had an 80litre (which is now my breeding tank) that went up to 140 litre for the sake of my plec. Walked into lfs the other day and saw a 210 litre tank for £50 so bought that (and was in said dog house for a few days seeing as we only live in a 1 bedroom house) and then saw a 7ft tank advertised on here for free and couldn't pass that up and she wasn't too impressed by that either ... although I've promoised I'll wait until we move into a bigger house before setting the 7ft up :whistle: :shifty:

It's most definitely contagious

Filling up a newly aquired Nano Tank as we speak! Will probably put up a post about it later because I havent even thought about what is going in it!! I now have 4 in the house (4ft, 3ft, 3ft) 1 at work (2ft) and one I maintain at our night club. My brother took an interest 6 months ago and is soon to be on his 3rd so it might be hereditary.

Perhaps we should have a support group forum added so that everytime we feel the ich we can post it first and let people assess whether its gonna put our relationships in jeopary or our electricity bills!

I got my first 10 gal last week.
And Im discovering all new sorts of new fish, and I want them!
I can see how this hobby can get addictive.
But while Im living at home, theres no way I could get away with more than one tank :no:

Also, its an expensive hobby, and I dong have enough money too get carried away. So far Ive spent $150 getting my tank going, and filled with fish. And I still need to get some more plants =/

lol No kidding.

I used to have quite a few tanks and wanted to knock it down some a couple years ago so I was giving 10g, 29g and 55g tanks away. About 12 total.

I gave a 10g away last week (now I am where I want to be with a 75g and 2 55g) to a friend who has a little kid who had a 5g and he was so sweet. He was 7 and didn't have a syphon so every 3 days he would take a cup and take the fish out, put him in a rubbermaid container and take all the gravel out and clean it then put everything back. Not exactly great husbandry but more dedication than a lot of us have. lol So I gave my 10g, with filter, a small syphon and some new gravel.

2 days ago my brother brought over a 10g and a 29g and gave them to me. I guess I'm just meant to have more fish. I'm not sure what I'm going to put in the 10g but I'm going to buy a sanchezi for the 29g and probably an irritans for the 55g.

Lol.
I'm stripping mine down.
Got fed up of all the tank maintance happy with two, rather than give the hobby up.

Most reactions

Back