In Memory Of A Friend.....

:-( A sad time indeed for the TFF community her family and animals. I didnt know her personally, but from her posts I have continualy read she really was a loving person, who cared greatly for the well-being of animals in need. Rest in Peace Angel Lady.

Edit, just read what some others are doing. Ill donate to my Australian RSPCA.

Our thoughts are with her family. It is very sad to lose such a kind and interesting influence on the forum, she touched many and will be sorely missed.

Oh my god... I was unaware of this before now.

Angel Lady was always there if our pets were sick, or even if we just wanted to show them off! Even though I only ever spoke to her through TFF, her kindness shone through the typed words on this forum, making her one of the nicest people here. So we know she will have many friends - animal and human - in heaven!

:rip: Diane.

So sad to hear. Condolences and prayers to her friends and family. RIP Angel Lady.

I'm greatly saddened to read this news. Angel Lady has been a long standing member of the site and really got the household pets forum rolling. A thoroughly decent person, it's a great loss to everyone who knew her. My thoughts are with her family.

I wanted to thank everyone for thier kindness., if one thing can be said about my mother she was a kind and caring person when it came to animals. she had so many that she helped. the last time i came to stay with her for a little while, we found three siamese kittens whose mother was ran over, they were covered in fleas and very close to death. We spent hours everyday bottle feeding and bathing those kittens and picking fleas from their fur. although we lost one of them the other two made it.we put so much time and devotion into those kittens it is very rewarding to see them today. she loved this forum and all the pets in it. anyway i just wanted to thank you all for your kindness. Tabitha

Thank you for coming to see us, she is sadly missed here.
I wish you comfort and peace.

Oh my goodness! This is such terrible news!! My thoughts and prayers are with her family.. even though its October :cry:

I too just found this post, and Tabitha thank you for the post of the memories of your mom, I can feel your pain because I lost my mom also at a young age and realizing life is too short. I never really talked to her on here, but from her posts, you could tell she was a caring person with a passion for helping animals when they were in trouble or dealt a bad hand. I would like to offer my condolences to you, your family and friends, her insight and caring for animals will be missed and I am sure her memories will live on forever. RIP, and God speed.

i only just came back to the forum and what tragic news to come back to, angel lady was aq wonderful person who would help any one where she could, she will be greatly missed :sad: :-(

Angel.jpg

It is with great sadness that the TFF team must tell you about the loss of one of our own. Diane Winnett, known as Angel Lady, passed away on August 21, 2006 from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. After lingering in a coma for five days, she crossed the Rainbow Bridge to spend eternity with many of the animal friends she made in the brief 43 years she had in this world. :byebye:

Pet of the Month Leader, Angel Lady joined TFF on March 9, 2003 and spent countless hours posting about her many fish and other pets. The following year, when she realized how many other members shared her concern for all kinds of other pets as well, she was the driving force behind beginning the Pet of the Month contest.

Angel Lady, according to her profile, loved Fish cats birds and any other animal that lives.. Less than a year ago she posted that she currently shared her home with 24 indoor cats,6 outdoor cats,1 degu, 1 guniea pig, 1 cockatiel,1 dog, 1 uromastic lizard. Here are just a few pictures you might remember of the ferrets and cats she cherished:

post-736-1128700832.jpg

post-20-1120571655.jpg

post-736-1128701473.jpg

post-20-1088215833.jpg

post-736-1125643745.jpg

But, Angel Lady was more than just a someone who cared for animals. She was a warm and friendly person, a loving mother and companion. Her interests included riding a motorcycle and collecting guns, and she proudly shared this part of her life with us too.

Rest in peace, Angel Lady. You will always be with us in our thoughts and prayers.

Cwsc tawel Angel

Most reactions

Back