If you have a weak stomach do not open

dragonfish4life said:
freshmike said:
It is supposed to be the tastiest part. :nod:  (for fish/birds and such) :sick:
mmm... i bet they are crunchy, why dont you ask whoever ate them, thats sick... :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

looks like saddam tortured him :saddam: with help from osama :eek:sama: lol emoticons are so fun...
Thank ya'll for the lighter note.

Oh my goodness.......I am sooooo sorry!!

Gosh, he was so beautiful too.

I think it's fine that you posted the picture, although it was quite a large one and you could see such detail :sick:

I feel really bad............... :sad:

:/

I must agree. Posting this picture shows the consequences of an overcrowded tank. They can be violently brutal, and perhaps seeing the fish will persuade others to be careful.

IMHO.

Yeah, I think you have done a lot of people on this board a favour by posting that picture. Everyone is always going on about newbie mistakes with overcrowding, not cycling etc. etc. Well this just proves that they are not harping on for the sake of it! They managed to convert you, and hopefully you'll pass that on to some more!!!
Sorry for your loss by the way, but i'm glad(and jealous!!) to hear about the 2 new tanks. Hope your fish will be happy in their new homes!!

Im with Vantg on this one as well, it might help some people think it over before they go out and buy a fish.
My guess it was the mag or the jewl. Being such a small oscar it wouldnt take much for it to be killed.

Well, I really hate to say it ,but I warned ya
We learn from our mistakes..

R.I.P Little Oscar

Yeah, overcrowding doesn't lead to carnivorous behavior. IMO, it was more of a compatibility issue. I read reviews and information on every fish I buy before tossing it in, no matter what the LFS says, which is usually "Ya he should be alright with what ya got", bastards :angry:

It wasent really the overcrowdness. It was the overcrowdness mixed with the types of fish he had/has. He has some serious Preditors each one of those requiers its own territory.

Nix said:
It wasent really the overcrowdness. It was the overcrowdness mixed with the types of fish he had/has. He has some serious Preditors each one of those requiers its own territory.
Besides, oscars aren't as aggressive as jewels, they only eat what fits into their mouth. Jewels on the other hand, are generally mean aggressive fish. I learned this about jewels when my pair, whom I did not wish to breed, nor dis I know they were opposite sex, searched and destroyed the rest of the fish in my tank in one day. And I only got 5 surviving fry!!!

i have no problem with this pic being posted, James even put a warning on the post description so i don't see how people can complain. It's a good lesson for everyone to learn.

bit of a sore point here then eh??

but hey the lads done right in my eyes this should stop everyone from doing things we have all been warned about ....

think about it we must of all seen pictures like this - alright so maybe not quite as bad but i bet everyone reading this has killed/had a fish died on them and have to get the body out.

not good but life i am afraid

sorry for your loss but hope lots of others learn from your mistakes.

best regards :rip:

If anyone has a story about a lesson they learned raising fish feel free to submit. I would really like to read it.

There was actually a thread about mistakes and lessons learned way back in the tropical chit chat, a search would find it.

Most reactions

Back