If you have a weak stomach do not open

Hard to believe the pic of a dead fish can make anyone that keeps fish squeamish. Come on, we've all seen far worse floating in bad lfs's tanks. :rolleyes:

I really appreciate you posting the pic. Now people can learn from mistakes from themselves or from others. It is sad that you lost your fish. We have a oscar and he is about 3 1/12" and he is in with a Jack Demsey and a opaline gourami. The one that rules the tank is the opaline gourami. I am sorry to hear about your fish dying. Good luck in the future with your fish. Thanks again for posting your pic.
~Kim~

Once we had a Bala shark in with a Oscar, JD, Opaline gourami and 2 tin foils. We got home one day and found that the bala shark had dies. We also noticed that only his eyes were eaten out. We do not know who did it. Just thought I would share what happened with one of our fish that died. Good luck to everyone with their fish.
~Kim~

I think seeing the consequences will make people think a lot more about what they put in together, and if you didn't want to see something gross you should have heeded the warning in the title of the post :crazy: Sorry about your loss, it must have been a real shock :-(

i got a lot of grief for my last post so let me re-introduce my self. i'm a tryer and if what i try doesn't work i put it out there for all to see.

i really feel bad for you. That was a beautiful oscar. Probly the best looking one i have ever seen along with the other one in yur tank. U have some REALLY mean fish in there. @ more 75 gallons would be good and u could probly even add a few more fish. Also did i see a Tiger Barb in one of the pictures in the other thread?

jamesward76 said:
i got a lot of grief for my last post so let me re-introduce my self. i'm a tryer and if what i try doesn't work i put it out there for all to see.
That's very good of you, many people would ignore their inadequate stocking decisions and keep their tank as it is, despite the advice. That you're getting two more 75s to deal with the problem shows how much you care about your fish. :) :thumbs:

cybergoldfish said:
jamesward76 said:
That's very good of you, many people would ignore their inadequate stocking decisions and keep their tank as it is, despite the advice. That you're getting two more 75s to deal with the problem shows how much you care about your fish. :) :thumbs:
Only problem is from his last post the fish and tank was still the same....although i would love for you to prove me wrong on this james.

and that you have gained more suitable housing for all your fish.

and if not you should of learnt more from your experience with the poor oscar.

Paul_MTS said:
cybergoldfish said:
jamesward76 said:
Only problem is from his last post the fish and tank was still the same....although i would love for you to prove me wrong on this james.

He is getting two more 75's. Also paul, did u change yur Username? when did this happen

Paul_MTS said:
cybergoldfish said:
jamesward76 said:

that pic was about a year old, the oscars are the only ones that didn't make it. i believe they didn't make it because oscars are eating machines and not really preditory. like i said i do have a plan for when my fish need more space.

ok then....your fish need more space now!!

you have alot of the wrong species togther and there fore need to be separated.

Your oscar probable got killed down to the agresion in the tank and was the weakest.

Yep changed my name today seeing as i don't do riden anymore more paul_v_biker was abit un fitting.

and this is the last time i posting in any of your topics james I'm fed up of you not getitng the point.

Paul_MTS said:
ok then....your fish need more space now!!

you have alot of the wrong species togther and there fore need to be separated.

Your oscar probable got killed down to the agresion in the tank and was the weakest.

Yep changed my name today seeing as i don't do riden anymore more paul_v_biker was abit un fitting.

and this is the last time i posting in any of your topics james I'm fed up of you not getitng the point.
isnt that guy a know it all, i looked at his fish and he doesn't have any cichlids. but of corse he makes a sif he's an expert on cichlids. but if anyone else wants to see my fish today ( a year later ) go to cichlidmadness.com under darkroom. my name is still the same jamesward76, the title to my pics are my babies. i'm willing to take input from anyone but paul, he's to serious. (even when he doesn't know what hes talking about).

Most reactions

Back