I Was Robbed And Beaten Last Night

hope you get every thing sorted out. lets hope they catch them. or maybe if they try it again they will encounter a kick boxer :hey:

+1 for the shotgun idea!

a nice bit of buckshot as they come to the door!

hope your okay mate. give us a shout if you need a hand finding any fiishy bits.

blimey!!! thats bad news
where abouts in uk are you? I live in a rough area and work in crime and that kind of thing is actually quite rare!!!
did you get a good look at them to give description
doesn;t matter how skilled a fighter you are martial arts, boxing you are etc most people would crumble in a situation like that. The criminal who will go to those lengths is a dangerous character indeed and not going to be scared unlike the person they attack.

hope your ok mate :good:

You should buy a massive pitbull, they'll soon think twice :good:

Really sorry to hear about you being hurt though mate, it's such a shame the f*****s got away with it, especially after smashing your tank!

I know it sounds silly, but could you not make a call to good old Crimewatch? :shifty:

You should buy a massive pitbull, they'll soon think twice :good:

Really sorry to hear about you being hurt though mate, it's such a shame the f*****s got away with it, especially after smashing your tank!

I know it sounds silly, but could you not make a call to good old Crimewatch? :shifty:

thats why you get a big dog and train in shutzhund, they sure won't get away when theres a 80-125lbs dog pinning them down

also just having a big dog can prevent these as criminals like to think they are smart and try to go for weak or easy targets so a big intimidating dog will often help a lot, even presenting you and your home more assertive will do good

I have a bit of a story when it comes to guns, a family friend who lives out in the country had three men break into their house, now these people are in their late 70's and lived 20mins away from anyone, so the wife yelled " harold!!! get the shot gun there are some hooligans downstairs" just loud enough for them to hear
the people were out of there like a, well like a person threatened with a gun
little did they know the couple had no guns

so even something like this can make an attacker want to get out of dodge

that's sick ****. i hope they get killed or put in jail forever. hurting you, destroying property, robbery, use of a weapon, assault and battery...

i don't have much to worry about - my 11 pound cat simon will protect me... (i don't trim his nails for that reason :lol: ) least he has sharp teeth.

no chance you could claim the cost of the tank on insurance? the damage should be documented in the police report... not sure if it works with things like that but worth a try imo. hope you are alright, i know it'll take a while to recover from something like that

i was burgled last year, so because of this no insurance company will sell me contents insurance :(

im feeling better today, stayed at my own house last night, but still didnt go to sleep til half 5 :(
sounds stupid but all i could do was look out the window and leave my lights on lol

head still a bit sore, but im thankful it wasnt worse

heres some pics of the tank and my house
:( the tank is outside the front of my house waiting to go to the tip
the top pics are the fish in my coral grow on tank. unfortunately the midnight angelfish was dead this morning :(

PICT0190.jpg

PICT0189.jpg

PICT0188.jpg

PICT0187.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

sorry, dont know how to make them smaller!! if someone can fix it please do!

thanks

Some right evil ******* in this world. :(

James.

Oh man!!!! I hope you are ok! Not enough that the #71###ers had to attack and rob you but to destroy something that means a lot to you as well just makes it so much more worse.

My Mrs has been wanting to get a dog for awhile now and I have always said no but after reading this I'm starting to think that having a big old dog at home with her while I'm at work might not be such a bad idea.

have you not thought about buying a new plain of glass and just replacing it? that is a good sized tank!

glad to hear your ok though! maybe setup a alarm system of some sort?

ive thought about getting a new front, but tbh it is probably about the same as getting a new tank really.

its ok,ive been looking at a few houses today to move to, so when i do ill be getting a larger tank, maybe 6ft by 2 by 2 and combine my reef tank and the smaller fish from my fish only.
keeping the lion and the trigger in the other spare coral frag tank ive got. its 40x24x15 so should be ok for those two for a while yet

cheers for the kind words all of you :)

its a real pitty the lion didnt land on the persons arm on the way out of the tank and get the scum that would of been well deserved

lol that was exactly what i said too

i also had visions afterwarss of grabbing one of the guys and shoving his face into the broken glass! lol

dirty rotten b(£"!£*s, i would love to be locked in room with people like these for ten minutes, it would slow them down for a while.

Most reactions

Back