I Was Robbed And Beaten Last Night

I still think you should go with one of these badboys!

capone-pitbull-5.jpg

im baffled so they barge there way in smash your tank and take your money, what were your friends doing?? having a pint :S

Do you know them at all? Its true what seffie said lucky no kids were there! If I were you I would keep a BIG knife near your front door and install spy whole so I would know who is at the door before I open it. But the main thing I keep thinkin is there were 2 of them and how many of you?

Hope your ok, but what f**king scum :angry: :angry: :angry:

If it helps I have a Fluval Roma 240 L Tank for sale, perfect condition going for £99 can arrange delivery to you aswell if you want it?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/338762-fluval-240l-aquarium-l99-central-london/

comes with Lights and Lid too

there were two people broke in
3 of my friends were here too, 2 boys 1 girl.
it happened so fast that we coulodnt really do asnything

one of my friends pushed one to the floor but that only made the other guy hit me in the head again :(

trust me, ive looked back at it and wished and hoped id hae done something but i was so taken aback that i couldnt :(

cheers for the tank suggestion :) im moving in the next few weeks so ill wait til ive moved before getting new tank. ill probably go for a 6ft and combine my reef tank and the safe fish from my fish only in one big tank.

then the lion and the trigger can go in my spare 40x24x15 for now

Do you know them at all? Its true what seffie said lucky no kids were there! If I were you I would keep a BIG knife near your front door and install spy whole so I would know who is at the door before I open it. But the main thing I keep thinkin is there were 2 of them and how many of you?

I would advise against weapons. It takes a certain type of person to batter or stab someone, and the mental side of will always be with you! Not only that but someone with a bit of training will easily disarm someone who has none! Effectively you may well just hand the knife to them!

I would recommend thai boxing or MMA classes as these are up close sports that can be very useful in these types of situations.

I hope things work out for you! If you need any advice on the above please dont hesitate to PM me.

Take up Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and then next time you'll be the guy in the middle! :good:

quinton-jackson-mma.jpg

lol as much as i would have loved to smash the livng #105### out of both of them, i didnt have time to figure out what was going on :(

plus, in the eyes of the law even if someone is attacking you and you cause them serious inhjury they can counter sue you :(

there was a case a few years back when a burgler fell through a kitchen skylight onto a knife and sued the owners of the house, and won!!

ill be ok, just looking at new houses at the moment, but in this area they are so expensive and hardly any available :(

Its all very well saying about having a weapon of taking up martial arts, etc. However when this type of thing goes down unexpected none of that makes any real difference. Definitely don't have a weapon to hand as mentioned above it could be used against you. Also if you do use it it could be you that ends up in prison.

I used to do kick boxing and while I'm not 18 stone of muscle UFC fighter I was reasonably good. However when confronted with this kind of situation completely out of the blue none of that really made a lot of difference and you still act out of shock and instinct.

Good luck with the move man, hope it all goes well for you and hopefully something good comes out of this crappy experience.

I believe that thai boxing and MMA would be useful, maybe not it the split second it initially happens but you will quickly react and and adapt. The utilization of elbows and knees up close are devastating. You dont need to go OTT and batter the guy but reasonable force is acceptable. ie if you break his nose with an elbow his eyes will be watering, if he cant see he cant hit you! If you can disable an arm or leg you reduce any chance of him hurting you further.

Also it does not matter where you go in the world there are bad people everywhere!

im gonna say this now so i dont get angry lol

if you or anyone, were put in this situation, i can pretty much 100% guarantee you wouldnt be able to react any differently.
its shock tactis. its dont that way to disorientate the victim.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, but in reality there was nothing i could do about it at the time, 1 because i was pissing blood everywhere from my head and 2 it all happened so quickly

BAS****

Yep a dogs defiantly the way to go... :good:

I live back to back with a working men’s club and when the smoking ban came in they built a smoking shelter for the punters and that’s when our problems started :grr: .
We had nothing but problems for months our shed got broken into and my sons motor X bike got stolen :grr: my pond got damaged with a broken beer bottle :grr: . My wife thought she had heard someone trying to get into the patio on several occasions when I was on nights :grr: .
The problems got so bad that my kids where scared to go to bed by them self’s and my wife wanted to move away. But after living in this area for 10 years I did not want to move, that was going to be a last resort. So what we did was go out and by a large breed puppy and my sister how is a police dog handler help, t us train it, its not full blown trained like a police dog. But it is trained in the basics and is very very obedient, it will sit there as quite as a mouse looking at you but as soon as you cross that fence line it go absolutely nuts barking and snarling it has had the desired effect and now when the dogs are out no one comes anywhere near our back garden :hyper: :lol: and my wife and kids now have there confidence back and can enjoy living around here again without fear that someone is going to brake in and rob the house.

So yep get yourself a dog a Labrador/ Alsatian or some think like that, there very intelligent and relatively easy to train and when they show their teeth there big enough to make you think twice :lol:

IMG_0093.jpg

I do think some sort of martial arts may be good for confidence re-building. But can't understand why people seem to think that anything would stick when push came to shove. Like you said Pearsondesign, it's definitely shock tactics so people don't have time to react.

I think getting a dog if you know how to handle a 'guarding' breed, or to train one suitably, is a great idea. They can be a loving and safe family pet... but give you that confidence that if anyone came into your property you'll always have them backing you up/trying to protect you and your family.

Also if you do end up staying in the house, getting a peep hole and porch light combo may be a good idea. As would a good door chain.
It might seem silly, but whatever makes you feel safer.

Really sorry to hear about this happening to anyone.

cheers guys :)

youve all been so good and helpful to me :)

ive called every estate agent in my town but there is nothing that i can either afford or is suitable :(

ill keep looking, but for now im gonna have to stay put i think :(

oh well, i doubt they will come back anyways

cheers guys :)

youve all been so good and helpful to me :)

ive called every estate agent in my town but there is nothing that i can either afford or is suitable :(

ill keep looking, but for now im gonna have to stay put i think :(

oh well, i doubt they will come back anyways

Why dont you move to london away from the drab where you are!

Most reactions

Back