I Dont Think This Is Right!

kev247

Reaction score
Have just noticed this on one of my Dollars and am slightly worried. Now this could be the aftermath of a fight or some sort of disease im thinking hole in the head but im not to sure. The fish seems fine behaviour wise and still eats.I just dont no what to do...

dollar.jpg

Any comments on what this could be would really help thanks.

Kev

Looks like some kind of fungus rather than hole in the head - how big is the silver dollar? Hole in the Head typically only effects large fish nearing adult size unless in very very cramped conditions. Has it been attacked by anything is there a wound or does the white patch sit on the top?

BB

Looks like some kind of fungus rather than hole in the head - how big is the silver dollar? Hole in the Head typically only effects large fish nearing adult size unless in very very cramped conditions. Has it been attacked by anything is there a wound or does the white patch sit on the top?

BB

Thanks for your reply.

it looks like a wound, he has a small chunk missing like a bite but im not sure. he dosent seem to be in pain. He is approx 1.5 inch in diameter.

Tank mates are 3 gouramis 5 tiger barbs, 4 silver dollars, 2 gold rams, 1 red tail shark, 2 firemouths , 1 keyhole

Most reactions

Back