Huge mistake... Im so mad at myself...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is indeed an aerator, but it might be a pain to remove, given that it is recessed like that...they are made to be replaced, though, because they clog with hard water deposits, as mentioned above...there may be a special tools for ones like this, not sure

That wasnt working for me so I got into the flow of inserting it into the substrate and letting the sand and detritus sucked up to a certain point and then adjusting the flow by clamping the tube so the sand falls and the detritus hovers then I suck the detritus after the sand falls
You want to "swirl" the siphon above the sand, 2 or 3 inches, to vacuum...the detritus will get picked up, the sand will stay put

This is indeed an aerator, but it might be a pain to remove, given that it is recessed like that...they are made to be replaced, though, because they clog with hard water deposits, as mentioned above...there may be a special tools for ones like this, not sure
Hmmm ok... I will see what I can do... I already tried to loosen it with tools on my pocket knife

You can always treat your parents to a new faucet, late Christmas gift......:p

What a stupid design! Consumer devices that require PM (periodic maintenance) should not, unless there is no choice, require special tooling.

See if you can tap the toothed dogs with a hammer and a screwdriver being careful where you place your hands so as not to jab yourself. Get someone to help and hold the faucet rigid while doing this. Make sure you are tapping in the correct direction - Clockwise from above, Counterclockwise from below.

As I suspected....may need a special tool, see below....do you know what brand the faucet is, Rocky?

[VIDEO]

As I suspected....may need a special tool, see below....do you know what brand the faucet is, Rocky?

[VIDEO]
I have no idea what the brand is

What a stupid design! Consumer devices that require PM (periodic maintenance) should not, unless there is no choice, require special tooling.

See if you can tap the toothed dogs with a hammer and a screwdriver being careful where you place your hands so as not to jab yourself. Get someone to help and hold the faucet rigid while doing this. Make sure you are tapping in the correct direction - Clockwise from above, Counterclockwise from below.
I will try to do this

I know they dont... Ive told them about the faucets before and they just said that they think it must just be on there for good
Ask your parents, they may already have a key for this fixture...

Most reactions

Back