Huge mistake... Im so mad at myself...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh my word, the struggles of teenage fish keepers! My parents are exactly the same, which is why I haven’t even breached the subject of a pump on the faucet yet. I got gifted a 20g, and I would LOVE to have a betta setup in it but they wont even consider setting up another :(
Ah yes. I am very fortunate honestly. It was a struggle at first to get my parents to let me have tanks, especially when the carpet was new! We worked it out after my parents realized how passionate I was about it, and I have a 40, 20, and 5 gallon. I have an empty ten gallon that I am just DYING to set back up for guppies, but know I shouldn’t ask lol. Part of it is that I am homeschooled, and my parents want me to have hobbies

Thank you! Its finally becoming a set-up that Im enjoying as well!
That’s great! That’s one of my favorite parts. You look at your tank and you just love it. I can’t wait for you to get your fish!:fish:

Ah yes. I am very fortunate honestly. It was a struggle at first to get my parents to let me have tanks, especially when the carpet was new! We worked it out after my parents realized how passionate I was about it, and I have a 40, 20, and 5 gallon. I have an empty ten gallon that I am just DYING to set back up for guppies, but know I shouldn’t ask lol. Part of it is that I am homeschooled, and my parents want me to have hobbies
same... my parents saw how into it I was and not like a little "phase", so they have helped me tremendously with my aquarium

I'm homeschooled too! :0

I thought your beautiful little platy fry where going in your high school library!
I mean
Technically
I take two classes and do the plays/musicals there and occasionally football games but that's about it. I still consider myself homeschooled because that's how I've grown up, I don't really count only two classes as "public school" lol.

I mean
Technically
I take two classes and do the plays/musicals there and occasionally football games but that's about it. I still consider myself homeschooled because that's how I've grown up, I don't really count only two classes as "public school" lol.
you are not fully on the dark side... you are expelled from the home academy!

I mean
Technically
Ohhhhhhhhhh ok. That’s really cool! It must be nice to have some of the social aspect of going to school, but still be homeschooled? I do an online school curriculum and definitely miss having friends

Ohhhhhhhhhh ok. That’s really cool! It must be nice to have some of the social aspect of going to school, but still be homeschooled? I do an online school curriculum and definitely miss having friends
One of my friends does this... it is actually pretty cool. Im just not sure if im ready for any kind of public school... I used to go to public school until 5th grade

One of my friends does this... it is actually pretty cool. Im just not sure if im ready for any kind of public school... I used to go to public school until 5th grade
Ohhhh yeah. I homeschooled until 3rd grade, went to a private Christian school for 3rd, 4th, and 5th, and have homeschooled for 6th up until now, and I’m in 10th grade. I plan to continue homeschooling through 11th and 12th grade, because of the way my online program works I am getting credits and next year I’m doing dual enrollment. I love the freedom that homeschooling provides, I wouldn’t have time for my fish tanks, my rabbit, my dog, my other hobbies, etc if I were still in school. It does get lonely though. I haven’t seen a friend in welllllllllllllll over a year

Most reactions

Back