Huge 900g Tank Project

Awesome! Can't wait to see the next installment of pics showing the progress. :)

I... Want... To... Rob you for that tank!!! lol, now... does anybody know where I can rent a forklift and a flat bed truck :p
lol!

On a serious note, I can't wait to see how this tank looks, my god am I jelous of you!!! I wish I could get a tank of even 265gallons (one for sale at my LFS with stand, lights, hood for $3800 lol), let alone a 900gallon tank!!!

Sadly due to having not been paid properly for the last 6 weeks the tank and fish house are on hold until my boss manages to pay me everything he still owes me, apperently its just a cash flow problem and as soon as he recieves payment for all the recent work he will be able to pay us so i'll update when i can.

Thats a shame, update ASAP as I dont think I can contain my excitement much longer :p

Sadly due to having not been paid properly for the last 6 weeks the tank and fish house are on hold until my boss manages to pay me everything he still owes me, apperently its just a cash flow problem and as soon as he recieves payment for all the recent work he will be able to pay us so i'll update when i can.

Give him a slap, and tell him that people are eagerly awaiting the next instalment of the 900Gall behemoth :D

I hate when employers screw around with your cash like that... Give him a kick in the knee and tell him to pay up lol

right now i really hate you!! :angry:

jealous does not even begine to explain how i feel :lol:

got a question though, how exactly is a base installed in 2 pieces? does it have another piece of glass overlapping the middle? i just cant see how it would work myself :huh:

Yep thats exactly how it works, the two pieces are laid side by side and then joined by another piece siliconed over the top. This forms a hinge in the middle of the tank which allows the base to flex ever so slightly so any slight discrepencies in the level of the base dont cause the base to crack.

hey im not just a pretty face after all :lol:

when you thinking you might fill the tank up now then?

Well i am promised that the wages will be settled up this Friday so all going well i will buy the pump and order the plumbing this weekend and work will continue as soon as i recieve it all, so hopefully within the next 7 days.

sounds good. look forward to seeing pics of it running :good:

/me hums some interlude music until the updates at the weekend :)

Most reactions

Back