Huge 900g Tank Project

hey Wolfy you know you are always welcome - free of charge.
does that include when CFC is not around :shifty:

only joking CFC :fun:
I can't wait to see it in person and will visit soon :nod:

Sheesh, didn't realise it would be *that* wide...

Stuff arrowanas, you could make a fish farm to feed a small continent in that...

Great project going there mate, Im looking forward to seeing more pictures, so defo keep us all updated! Sorry to be cheeky, and you dont have to answer this but how much do you think this will be costing you all in all?

And lastly , Surely your gunna have a massiver common pleco going in there? :drool:

I'd estimate that the set up of this tank alone will have cost me about £2300, the cost of the whole fish house so far is somewhere around the £4000 mark.

I probably wont add any plecs to the tank, i dont care for them much and they create too much waste for my liking.

that is an excellent tank, Envy :drool: :drool:

you mentioned ivy, dunno if it helps but the range sell 3foot and longer trailing silk ivy from 3quid upwards. have got some and it looks really nice. very strong and easily shaped.

Good to see the tank is built. Always nice when that happens. PM me to decide on when you want me over to help with the next bits. I can bore you with the 18.8GB of visual media collected on our travels :)

On a serious note (not sure if its been covered yet)

CFC:

how does it work on the contents insurance? can you claim if (God forbid) something goes tits-up, or have you adjusted your policy to account for that?

On an even more serious note

Have you not considered a general planted communiy set-up for this tank?

Can you imagine how many neons, guppies, cory etc you could get in a tank like that?

EDIT: or you could just stick 2,000 Endlers in there and let them do their thing and start selling fry, you'd be minted

:hyper:

Best Wishes with it

Can you imagine how many neons, guppies, cory etc you could get in a tank like that?

EDIT: or you could just stick 2,000 Endlers in there and let them do their thing and start selling fry, you'd be minted

I would actually cry....

How many days now CFC (too lazy to work it out).

That's amazing, CFC. Extremely impressive!! Your future decor plans sound amazing as well, can't wait to see the finished project. Knowing myself I'd throw a few clay pots in and call it finished :rolleyes:

Amazing!!! Can't wait to see it finished :good:

It's a crime not to put a plec in there. :lol:

Roll on mid October so we can see it filled.

when they discover that big nasty predatory plec that has huge razor sharp teeth,
I'm sure CFC will add one to his tank :)

On a serious note (not sure if its been covered yet)

CFC:

how does it work on the contents insurance? can you claim if (God forbid) something goes tits-up, or have you adjusted your policy to account for that?

:hyper:

Best Wishes with it

Where abouts in London do you live again? For a suggestion like that you need a good slapping :p :lol:

No need to adjust our insurence, the tank isnt in the house its in a seperate building at the end of the garden.

Jay Jay the official fill date is the 8th of October but its probably going to be later than that as i've had to hold off any further work on the tank and fish house until i get some payments in that i'm owed for work.

For the comments by fry_lover i vote we feed him to the afore mentioned "razer toothed plec" ;)

CFC can i come and have a swim in your tank
if the wife would let me my garage would have a tank like that in it but her car has to go in it :crazy:

cheers dane

Most reactions

Back