How Do You Name Your Fish?

How Do You Name Your Fish?

• Total voters
Those spiky grass things might hurt her fins... beautiful betta
In that tiny bowl, they're the least of her problems... I'd be more concerned about spinal/mobility issues from swimming around in circles, ammonia spikes, pH swings, unstable water parametres, lack of surface agitation/gas exchange etc.

I was sad, but having her taught me a lot. I learned from what I did wrong, and I when I did things right you could visibly see she was doing better. What ended up killing her was I put a shell in her tank, and I think it must have had some chemical on/in it or something, even though I washed it. I was think it leeched something into her water. But I learned from that too and threw the shell away!
hmm... was it processed or scented?

In that tiny bowl, they're the least of her problems... I'd be more concerned about spinal/mobility issues from swimming around in circles, ammonia spikes, pH swings, unstable water parametres, lack of surface agitation/gas exchange etc.
yeah... that was an old tank so those might not be problems in much bigger tanks

yeah... that was an old tank so those might not be problems in much bigger tanks
It was my first fish, over a year ago. I would never keep a betta in that bowl again and I’ve learned from everything I did wrong with that setup.

hmm... was it processed or scented?
I think it was painted and glazed, but I’m not sure. Who knows where else that shell had been, and what it leeched into the betta’s bowl

It was my first fish, over a year ago. I would never keep a betta in that bowl again and I’ve learned from everything I did wrong with that setup.

I think it was painted and glazed, but I’m not sure. Who knows where else that shell had been, and what it leeched into the betta’s bowl
yes, some shells have dirt and sea stuff in the crevices in the middle

All fish with personalities get named:

Angels (Down to 4 originals, in three tanks, after the pair mated they all had to be separated and I had to find homes for the two others):
  • Bluet - blue color (Breeding with Gentle Ben) also know as the B.... because she is an extremely protective mom (Small female)
  • Gentle Ben - Was the friendliest until he discovered Bluet (Large Male)
  • Stripe - Large male - hangs with the Pearl Gourami
  • Dusty - Small male - stuck in hospital tank until I can find him a new home, none of the other Angels will tolerate him
  • Junior - Only surviving young one from 4 breedings of Bluet and Gentle Ben (We are not trying to breed Angels), hangs with the embers now,
Pearl Gourami - Gourmi the Gourami hangs with Stripe, sole survivor from an Ich episode when starting the tanks. Very friendly and large male.

Mrs Goby: a female goby that is fun to watch. She eats the biofilm off the Vals starts at the bottom of a leaf and works up till it falls over with her weight. Almost looks like she does it for fun.

Female Bettas (both live together in the 60 gallon with Stripe and Gourmi - both are very curious and interactive with me when I maintain the tank):
  • Cami - purple colored smaller with strange growth on tail that seems to be shrinking
  • Madi - white and blue, somewhat larger, will stand up to Stripe and Gourmi at feeding time
The black neons, ornate tetras, ember tetras, cories, and dwarf neon rainbows do not have special names because they do not do anything but look pretty, eat, and swim.

All fish with personalities get named:

Angels (Down to 4 originals, in three tanks, after the pair mated they all had to be separated and I had to find homes for the two others):
  • Bluet - blue color (Breeding with Gentle Ben) also know as the B.... because she is an extremely protective mom (Small female)
  • Gentle Ben - Was the friendliest until he discovered Bluet (Large Male)
  • Stripe - Large male - hangs with the Pearl Gourami
  • Dusty - Small male - stuck in hospital tank until I can find him a new home, none of the other Angels will tolerate him
  • Junior - Only surviving young one from 4 breedings of Bluet and Gentle Ben (We are not trying to breed Angels), hangs with the embers now,
Pearl Gourami - Gourmi the Gourami hangs with Stripe, sole survivor from an Ich episode when starting the tanks. Very friendly and large male.

Mrs Goby: a female goby that is fun to watch. She eats the biofilm off the Vals starts at the bottom of a leaf and works up till it falls over with her weight. Almost looks like she does it for fun.

Female Bettas (both live together in the 60 gallon with Stripe and Gourmi - both are very curious and interactive with me when I maintain the tank):
  • Cami - purple colored smaller with strange growth on tail that seems to be shrinking
  • Madi - white and blue, somewhat larger, will stand up to Stripe and Gourmi at feeding time
The black neons, ornate tetras, ember tetras, cories, and dwarf neon rainbows do not have special names because they do not do anything but look pretty, eat, and swim.
cool

My first betta was Goldie. Then Lavender. Then Solar, who lived five years. Then Sora, who my brother named after who knows what. Then Bilbo. (Lord of the Rings) I had a goldfish named Finn. (Star Wars) My mystery snails are named Randall, Sheldon, (random names) and Madison Jr. (my friend told me to name a snail after her) I have a Cory cat named the MandoCorryan. My six harlequin rasboras are the Quagmires and the Baudelairs.
My pleco is named... pleco ?

Most reactions

Back