How Did You Pick Your Name For The Forum?

I log in for a month or two and then I disappear for a year or so.

well when i first joined i was setting up my fish tank and i loved dojo loaches, i was also wattching austin powers.....

usually however i use the nam Gab99 99 being my favorite # and gabis the 1st 3 letters of my name and its my initials

you can change your username?!

My nickname is used for all my forum activity, whether it be fish, linux, programming etc. If you search "kaivalagi" in google you'll find lots of references of my work etc

Kaivalagi is Fijian for European, the direct translation is "person from the land of the foreigners", took on the nickname after living in Fiji for a while, 'cause the kids in th emore remote areas of the country that don't know you tell each other "kaivalagi, kaivalagi!"
laugh.gif

onebto I have been using as a name on the internet for about 15 years unfortunately my nickname Silverback is very popular so I went for something a bit more obscure onebto is my Starwars name when I was into starwars in a big way when I was younger.

well when i first joined i was setting up my fish tank and i loved dojo loaches, i was also wattching austin powers.....

usually however i use the nam Gab99 99 being my favorite # and gabis the 1st 3 letters of my name and its my initials

you can change your username?!

yes, just contact an administrator and tell them you want to change it....they are pretty cool about such things!

Well, when I started my new school, I introduced myself to friends of a girl I knew, and so I was like, "Hi, I'm new. My name is Heather." But a friend thought I had actually said that my name was New. But they changed the spelling around so that it's Nyu (still pronounced New or, Nigh-U)or NooNoo :p

Everyone tries to shorten Michelle to Shelly which I hate. The only Shelly I have ever know was blonde and dumber than a lamp post. I hate the name. So my friends added the "B" to get Shel"B"y :)

because i shoot the rabbits and pigeons near me to keep the numbers down :good:

and no, that isn't me in my avatar.

What do you use?

my air rifle, BSA XL tactical (.22). although i'm hoping to get a new one in a year or so, as my brother got his second one in year 10. i really like the falcon lighthunter classic, and the Daystate airwolf tactical, although the latter is way out of the price range.

my brother has an Air arms tx200 hunter carbine (.22), and a BSA t10 scorpion (.22 ten shot tactical, hence the t10 bit).

these are our air rifles (mine is the top one, the scorpion is the one below, and the tx is the bottom):

airrifles.jpg

and this is the falcon lighthunter that i might get (hopefully):

lighthunterclassicsswalnut.jpg

cheers :good:

because i shoot the rabbits and pigeons near me to keep the numbers down :good:

and no, that isn't me in my avatar.

What do you use?

my air rifle, BSA XL tactical (.22). although i'm hoping to get a new one in a year or so, as my brother got his second one in year 10. i really like the falcon lighthunter classic, and the Daystate airwolf tactical, although the latter is way out of the price range.

my brother has an Air arms tx200 hunter carbine (.22), and a BSA t10 scorpion (.22 ten shot tactical, hence the t10 bit).

these are our air rifles (mine is the top one, the scorpion is the one below, and the tx is the bottom):

airrifles.jpg

and this is the falcon lighthunter that i might get (hopefully):

lighthunterclassicsswalnut.jpg

cheers :good:

ahh

@pest control / gaz gun man
Reminds me of my younger days, I had a Sharp Innova, wicked little gun, tweaked the pump to allow much more pressure, could get through 1 and a half yellow pages with it...just took some time to get ready to shot...

I also had a Weihrauch HW77 with the weird sliding cover on the top to put in pellets, and the break barrel one also, can't remember the number, HW80 maybe? Nice and heavy...

Not sure if any of these are still made these days...I am going back a way :)

Reminds me of my younger days, I had a Sharp Innova, wicked little gun, tweaked the pump to allow much more pressure, could get through 1 and a half yellow pages with it...just took some time to get ready to shot...

I also had a Weihrauch HW77 with the weird sliding cover on the top to put in pellets, and the break barrel one also, can't remember the number, HW80 maybe? Nice and heavy...

As far as I know, the Innova isnt made anymore, though I'm pretty sure the HW77 and HW80 are. Heavy rifles are Weihrauch's trademark! The 77 is an underlever rifle, hence the sliding breech. The HW97k is an updated HW77 design, got my first kill with one of those :) (second from top in the pic I posted)

Off of the top of my head, the other two break barrel Weihrauch rifles are the 95k and the gas rammed 90k

As far as I know, the Innova isnt made anymore, though I'm pretty sure the HW77 and HW80 are. Heavy rifles are Weihrauch's trademark! The 77 is an underlever rifle, hence the sliding breech. The HW97k is an updated HW77 design, got my first kill with one of those :) (second from top in the pic I posted)

Off of the top of my head, the other two break barrel Weihrauch rifles are the 95k and the gas rammed 90k

Underlever with sliding breech that's it, forgotten all the terms these days...I can still remember how heavy it was, fantastic air rifle from what I remember

Waiting for my son to get a bit older then it's off to get an air rifle , what would you recommend these days for a non-gas air rifle for a beginner? Would need to be lighter than a HW77 etc, break barrel preferably, with the ability to "upgrade"...are the karbine wiehrauchs still rather heavy? I guess it's the stock and the main chamber where the weight comes from...

definitely the BSA XL tactical. that is my first gun. it's great! relatively light and extremely robust. :good:

@gaz gun man: wow, you have loads of guns lol. :hyper:

Underlever with sliding breech that's it, forgotten all the terms these days...I can still remember how heavy it was, fantastic air rifle from what I remember

Waiting for my son to get a bit older then it's off to get an air rifle , what would you recommend these days for a non-gas air rifle for a beginner? Would need to be lighter than a HW77 etc, break barrel preferably, with the ability to "upgrade"...are the karbine wiehrauchs still rather heavy? I guess it's the stock and the main chamber where the weight comes from...

yeah even the 'lightweight' Weihrauch rifles are fairly heavy, yet shoulder well. I'd suggest going with something like a BSA Lightning or Webley Xocet, both of which are break barrel springers, fairly cheap and as powerful as you're going to get without a licence. Upgrade wise - none of them really need any tweaking, internal polishing, new springs etc or anything of that nature really - from the box they'll shoot well enough to satisfy 95% of people.
You'll just need a springer-proof scope and possibly a sound moderator

@gaz gun man: wow, you have loads of guns lol. :hyper:

haha thanks...been at it for a while now! (about 13/14 years)

Most reactions

Back