Hi New On Here And Wondering...

Ooo check out this classifieds link. He's based in hertfordshire...is that any better?
He has a really good range of some REALLY lovely plecos. Including a King Tiger Male for £20...
Link

that ones 150mile, im in staffordshire :( not looking good for me, ive just posted up on that plecofanatics so fingers crossed something will come up there

Thanks
Lee

is it safe to have fish posted then? wouldnt like the thought of mr postman squeezing it through the letterbox?

lee

Lol, they don't post them quite like that!
It'll more than likely be bagged up in normal fish bags, then put in polystyrene boxes with padding. Then they'll be couriered out.
It means someone has to be in to collect the delivery, but yes there is nothing wrong with posting fish. To be honest they probably get couriered in better conditions than they get transfered oversees.

I'd be signed-for delivery, so the postman would ring the doorbell, however in the currrent postal strike I'd think twice about posting fish. If you were looking for cheap plecos, Bristlenoses will be in most LFS.

They'll normally manage overnight fine.

Although Haych makes a good point, check what sort of courier they use. If they use a proper fish courier then you'll be fine. But if they post via royal mail then you shouldn't order until the strike has been n gone.

Can I just thank you for that link, it has a plec we have been looking for and reasonably priced, we will be considering the postal side carefully but THANK YOU!

Hi all, im back lol

I now have thanks to Jo @ rare aquatics 3 king tigers in my tank (i have a new home for at least one when there bigger if i shouldnt keep 3??)

so even tho there hiding (i'll try get pics - there tiny atm!!) there in there :)

Now ive retested my water:

PH = 7
Nirite = 0
Nitrate = 40ppm
Ammonia = 0ppm
Temp = 25c

Why is everthing where it should be except the nitrate? and how can i get it down quickly?

Thanks
Lee

Nitrates are only removed via water changes, and 40ppm isn't bad, but if you test your tap water, you should be aiming for the tank to be no more than 10-15ppm more than it.

Also I really wouldn't keep 3 king tigers, they could get up to 6" each which IMO would be a good looking size as just a single. But if you keep one than one, just keep two.

if there ok to be on there own once there a bit bigger i have another home for 2 in friends tanks. Jo said they like to be in groups, im guessing she means when young and hiding etc. I'll just keep the one once there a bit bigger as id rather a small shoal of neons

ill go and test the tap water now and report back

Thanks
Lee

our tap water is 20ppm

new problem, sitting looking for them king tiger plec's looking in all hiding places i can think of, then i notice the background is up at the corner, and one of the little buggers is behind the background!?

what should i do leave him to come out (i know he wasnt behind it earlier) or try get him out now

thanks
lee

Most reactions

Back