Hi All! Beginner Needs Help!

Reptillia

Reaction score
ohmyra.jpg

I saw this little girl and I thought she was so unusual I had to have her. I have had a male for about a year that I adore. She has just as much personality as he does. I am glad I have her but would like to know more about her. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!!!

She's a lovely little double ray crown tail :good: :good:

Thanks :good: they are very addictive and it's surprising how many tanks you CAN squeeze into a small house :lol: :lol:

Have you got any pics of your little boy too?

Crown Tail.(I'm good!) Looks like a bit of over feeding has occured.

Agree that it is a female CT, but it doesn't appear over fed to me. Looks like a healthy female. Females usually have a bit bigger bellies than males b/c of the egg production.

Yes, deff. a crowntail. Personally, not my choice of colors, but looks good nonetheless. :good:

Crown Tail.(I'm good!) Looks like a bit of over feeding has occured.

Agree that it is a female CT, but it doesn't appear over fed to me. Looks like a healthy female. Females usually have a bit bigger bellies than males b/c of the egg production.

Thanks for the info. I was worried about that big belly but she'll fit right in with all my other fat pets! :lol: lol Is that a male in your pic? What a beautiful fish.

Great close up shot.....she's obviously not camera shy :good: :good: She may colour up a litte more as she settles in and is more relaxed in her new home. But she's a very pretty girl :wub:

Great close up shot.....she's obviously not camera shy :good: :good: She may colour up a litte more as she settles in and is more relaxed in her new home. But she's a very pretty girl :wub:
Thanks Netty. She is so small compared to my male Is there anyway to tell how old she is? Here is pic of my Marco.He is not as pretty as what I have seen here on forum but I love him just the same. What is he? and What is on his skin? I noticed while taking pics. :(

headshot.jpg

Hi
Firstly.....great pics :good:

Your male looks very much like it has some kind of fungal type infection and really needs treating before it worsens :good:

I would use myxacin and combine it with frequent water changes. Some people use aquarium salt alongside treatments as it can improve the effects of the treatment you are giving :good:

Cant really tell from the pic what he is.....need a side on view :good:

P.S.
Just seen your 2nd pic.......he's a VT :good:

P.P.S I'm gonna look his problem up and get back to you :good:

Most reactions

Back