Here I go again 150 gallon reset.

Wow, you have a river in your house! Lol

How did you build such a strong table to support the 750kg weight?
Perhaps, we can learn some tips from you for our future tank.
But in our country, we have a limit of 600kg for our flat. Anything heavier will require permit from our Housing Development Board.

Wow, you have a river in your house! Lol

How did you build such a strong table to support the 750kg weight?
Perhaps, we can learn some tips from you for our future tank.
But in our country, we have a limit of 600kg for our flat. Anything heavier will require permit from our Housing Development Board.
This stand was built out of old pellets and cost me nothing. It is worked out on loading per leg. 8 legs, less than 100kg per leg. Therefore 3x2's were sufficient to support the weight. The rest is for stability so I have used 2 x 8x1's all round. Now the trick to this. Never fill your tank all at once. Build your stand, place your tank on it. Fill it over a week or so. Let everything settle slowly. None of us are clever enough to get it absolutely square.

Wood used for stand
20211114_113159.jpg

Just as a thought this stand is 600mm off the floor. It fits perfectly for our table. The higher you go the less stable it all becomes. Keep your tanks (large ones) close to the ground.

I like carpentry works even though I am an electronics engineer.
I used to do some carpentry works when I was a teenager.
It's always interesting and satisfying when you built something with woods.

This tank is open top and the perfect height that I can look down on it and fluff with it, no problem.

That looks soooo natural! I love it! Usually I hate the look of large gravel/rocks being used as substrate, but this looks amazing!

So, I have set up my auto siphon refill system. Using 19mm irrigation hose. It is connected to the water tank. We need to save water in summer so I siphon the tank to the pond. The flexi hose is adjusted in the tank to stop where I want it to and is removed when not in use. Excuse the windows, spiders etc. what you get living in the bush.
20211203_132230.jpg
20211203_132244.jpg
20211203_132254.jpg

48 hour Amazon sword and other plant growth. The Ambulia is going for it now you can see its little heads sticking up in the second photo
20211202_191807.jpg
20211204_090315.jpg

Nobody has the fish I want. So, I have had to get them ordered in and they will be two weeks away. At least that gives my plants a little more time to get established.

I'm loving your set up! So, how many discus are you doing? Or are you doing discus? I thought you said you were... If you are is it a species only tank or are you going to be putting another type of fish in there? If not what fish are you doing?

Sorry for all the question... This just has my interest!

Most reactions

Back