Help!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm not sure hun

I don't think she's going to make it through the night. Should I put her in a 5 liter bucket with an air stone and aquarium salt? Maybe another Epsom salt bath?

It says it's caused by tubifex worms. I bought Blackworms but now that I look up Tubifex worms they look exactly like what I gave my fish last month

I'm looking up diseases she could possibly have and I came across Whirling Disease. Could this be what my fish have? I can't find a cure for it online.
I was just coming here to say that I'd stumbled across Whirling Disease as a possible suspect. If if is that bacterium, it's not looking good for a cure, I'm so sorry. It looks as though the infection lies dormant for a couple of months and by the time you see twirling, the damage is done.

Did you get the molly at the same time as the guppy? What foods do you use? Ever use tubifex? (and don't blame yourself if you have, I fed tubifex to my tanks tonight)

I've had the molly for 3 months and the guppy for 1 month. I got them from the same store. I bought what was labeled as Black worms last month and fed it to every fish I own. I looked up Tubifex and Black worms and I think the worms I was given were actually Tubifex worms. :-( Are all my fish going to die now?!

I've had the molly for 3 months and the guppy for 1 month. I got them from the same store. I bought what was labeled as Black worms last month and fed it to every fish I own. I looked up Tubifex and Black worms and I think the worms I was given were actually Tubifex worms. :-( Are all my fish going to die now?!
Deep breaths, you don't know that. The molly and the guppy are pretty new, and could have contracted this bacterium at the store or in the warehouse through being bred there, you don't know that the blackworms you fed are the cause.

This could be bad, yes, but we're not gonna jump to that conclusion and assume the worst, okay? Deep breaths. Are any of the other fish you have also bought within the last three months or so?

What's the full stocking in the tank?

I'm gonna do some research on this illness, and any potential other ones, but whirling disease seems likely... the corkscrew swimming that comes on so suddenly doesn't sound like swim bladder, and your guppy was poorly looking before the corkscrew swimming showed up too.

Try to be brave, we'll try and help, but this might not be an easy one, I'm sorry. It looks like this disease is relatively unknown, but will see what I can find out, and I've just woken up so need to fetch coffee. Deep breaths, you'll get through this either way.

Most reactions

Back