Harrys Juwel Rio 125 Marine Tank

now you have 35 litres of RO water in there, add 1155 grams of salt, this will give you a reading of approximately 33PPT which is Ideal at the moment, then while the salt is in, leave it to heat up and churn away and it will give the salt a good 12-24 hours to dissolve until you get your next RO top up.

When you get your next lot of RO add 33 grams of salt per litre, and then leave it to get to 25oC and then check with your refractometer.
Remember the refractometer will need calibrating, to do this, place a few drops of RO water on the prism plate and then put the plastic guard over the top and look through the eye piece, then using the screw driver move the blue/white divide up or down until the divide is on the 0 mark.

Woo hoo Harry, looks like you had a good day :good:

One minor point, the background :blink: you would be better of with a plain blue or black

Seffie x

yes i know i can turn it over to blue if i dont like it. has any one brought there live rock from here http://live-rock.co.uk/Fiji_premium_packs/ because rats cats and elephants are not open till 2nd of jan. :angry: and my water should be done in 2-3 days time.

yes i know i can turn it over to blue if i dont like it. has any one brought there live rock from here http://live-rock.co.uk/Fiji_premium_packs/

That works out to be £11/KG. And i think thats not even including postage. Have you tried your LFS? Because mine does it for £7/KG and then atleast you can see exactly what you are buying.

:good:

Try Charter house aquatics, they'll ring you up and ask you what kind of pieces you want if you leave it on the comments form, providing that you order it online.

well the thing is my lfs or rce= rats cats and elephants. has LR for £9 a kilo but it is full of aiptasia last time i looked but they might of got rid of it now. i know you always get some any way. i would get it from rce but the closed till the 2nd of jan. also charterhouse aquatics have the same reviews as liverock.co.uk thats very fishy :huh:
can some one tell me how much LR i should buy 10 or 15 kilos?

go for 15 Kilos, 15 wasn't really enough for me, but it was adequate.

I got my rock from charter house aquatics and I believe that liverock.co.uk is run by them, which is why they'll have the same reviews.

go for 15 Kilos, 15 wasn't really enough for me, but it was adequate.

And its doing great Truck as is the shrimp. Looking good Harry your getting there. Agreed with Truck go for 15kg.

got 90% of the ro water in and there is 100L in the tank. also got the salt in here are some pictures. and i have turnd on the skimmer.

2009_12280001.jpg

2009_12280002.jpg

2009_12280003.jpg

2009_12280004.jpg

2009_12280005.jpg

i think that the juwel rio 125 tank is about 110-115 liters not 125 liters. unless the 25L and the 10L containers can hold more water than what they say they can. i put in 33grams of salt per liter. but if it isnt enough then i can make it so it is 35g per liter by adding 2g per liter. thanks betta im glad you find it exciting.

update

water temp 25.6

sg 1.023

salt almost done still very small particals blowing around the tank.
the salt has been in the tank for nearly 17 hours. rce are open on the 2nd so thats when i will get the live rock. i may need to add more salt when the salt is done. the salt is looking like the second from last picture but none of the salt is on the bottom.

its great watching this, not only do i get to see a beautiful setup come to life but i also get to learn :)

Most reactions

Back