Gazza Nano Log - Salty Fun

Hi Garry
That’s where i got my cheato from :good: , {just make sure you don’t buy the one that has caulerpa mixed in}
50g of Chaeto is a good size to start off with, and under the right conditions It is fast-growing any ways :D , it won’t take very long to fill your refugium and then you will have to start pruning it to make room for new growth :lol: {one thing I will say though is try to get a piece of filter floss between the cheato and the pump as small pieces off cheato break off and clog it up :crazy: }

Yep, chaeto looks good, I also got mine from there :good:

Buy tub of rowaphos and follow instructions as to the amount, I have mine in a filter bag, but I know some use ladies tights :lol:
As for the LR rubble I really can't remember how much I've got in the back, just use your judgement, mine half fills one of the weirs, I'd put this in a bag/tights too, makes cleaning a lot easier, you can just lift it out in one go if you need to :good:

Hi, still reading (on second book now, the books listed in the top threads are very good sorces) & waiting for "the book" to arrive & a quote for the bits for the tank. No quote by end of the month I am buying it anyway, ebay watch out :hyper:

Another question aboutteh powerhead, I know everyone has said about a Koralia 2, would it be ok to have two Koralia Nono but pointed at different angles, for example on aiming behind the LR & the other at the front?

Many thanks in advance.

Well I have done it. I have brought my tank. :hyper: So the fun start here. I have brought today:

Tanks & Stand, 2 Korolia Nano, Coral Sand, Tropic Marine salt (10kg, will this be enough to strat with?), Rowaphos, Refractormetre (one Big C mentioned) & RO units.

Items left, Test kits (will be Salifert), small heater, 12kg live rock, 1kg Rubble (will this be enough for filtration in the back) & last but not least water containers. Please add to anything else.

I a sill waiting for the "book". Lady said they had lost the order in thier e-mail system :angry: In other words they lost the order. Should get it tomorrow.

Before people ask, yes I will start adding pictures once I start.

Many thanks for the help so far.

woohoo..............and he's off :good:

Looking forward to your journey and pictures :kana:

I would get a little more lr for the main tank if possible and do you have a cheap power head to mix your salty stuff with? Next time you buy salt, go for a big tub - will last much longer and works out cheaper

Seffie x

So how much live rock? 15kg plus 1kg live rubble?

Thanks for tip on powerhead will find a cheap one asap.

Hi Gary!

if you have purchased TL550 some recomend 17kgs of LR
I myself have 23kgs 3kg in the Fuge..and 20kg in display,but i wouldnt go anymore,and maybe i have too much
some people say the more LR the more chance of unwanted hitchikers and pests like aipstasia etc...
as far as the salt goes ..yes you should have enough,and read the manufacturers mixing instructions
it should give you a rough idea of how many Kg's per litre max and min to achieve your required SG/Salinity
im sure some one will be along to advise you better than myself but i hope this helps!

Kip

Yep, as Kip says, approx 17 kgs, don't get too much more than that for the display area as many corals come on lr as well - and you can have too much lr in your tank :good:

Salt, read the box for instructions as Kip says, but agree that the box will be enough :nod:

Seffie x

:fish:

Hi All, thought I would give you a stat rep of where I am. Ordered the tank, but they are awaiting delivery from China :angry: (More time to read up I guess). Have got test kits (Shirley aquatics doing 10% off cheaper than ebay), 2 Korilia nano, 1 very cheap powerhead (99p off ebay bargin, thank Trod), refractormetre (one suggested from Big C), RO unit & parts (Big C again). The book has arrived & carefully opened :hyper: . So all that remaining is :

Tank & Stand, Rowaphos, Sand, Salt (these are coming with the tank), will get LR & rubble once tank arrived etc, however the shops near me are very expensive may have to get it delivered (I am patient & can wait for cycle to finish first) or hopefully ebay & some Cheatoe.

If there is anything else please let me know.

I won't bother taking any pictures because I am sure you don't want to look at boxes :p But if you want to have a picture of a powerhead box etc let me know :hyper:

Thanks again to all for your help & hopefully soon I will get teh tank & startup.

ehhhh actually we do - snap away garry :blush: :snap:

Gary have you been an taken at look at ultimatereef's classified section or aquarists classified - there are a lot of bargains to be had at the moment on LR :good:

You can travel around about an hour away, transport lr in water and you should have little die off :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

PS just went and had a quick look on UR, doesn't seem to be anything there near you but how about this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marine-Live-Rock-20k...A1%7C240%3A1318

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the link. Its is definetly what I am after but will have to wait for the tank to be setup first :unsure:

I will look on the ultimatereef's classified section.

I will keep you all posted :hyper:

Hi All, cracking news, my tank & bits is being delievered tomorrow :drool: So, I will be scouring the net now to find some reasonable live rock near home without having to have it delievered or purhcase from LFS. If needs be will get it delievered & have to wait for the cycle to finish. So the fun starts.

Thanks again for all your help. I will post pictures soon (before you ask :hyper: )

Most reactions

Back