Gazza Nano Log - Salty Fun

Hi,

Can any suggest some good book? I have got one I have read & would like to read a couple more. I have read quite a few of the thread (Seffie & Trod are funny) & have "hopefully" a good understanding, but I am willing to read more.
Gazza.

I'll have you know young man we take our fish very seriously, although seffie does like the new bottle occasionally :beer: if you get my drift :nod:

No seriously THE BOOK is very good, when seffie and I went out coral hunting THE BOOK would come too, we looked like 2 mad women standing in the middle of shops reading :whistle:

Looking forward to seeing your tank develop :good:

P.S. I wouldn't rule out a test on our thread at some stage, seffie does like her tests :rofl:

Copy of post

Hi

As some of you know my sister and I have just bought two of these tanks - we got a great service and good price from www.fishtanks4u.co.uk/

Just ask for Paul or Mel, Paul is a friendly chap (I didn't speak to Mel), he answers emails (which is a bonus) and is happy to do a deal

we got our tanks + stand and delivery for a total of £255 each

ps
neither of us has any connection with this firm

Seffie x

:fish:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test paper is being written as we speak :rofl: and you think I am joking :lol:

Seffie x

the orca tl550 at my LFS sells for around...

£114.99 for the tank, and £44.99 for the stand.

So its very cheap!

the orca tl550 at my LFS sells for around...

£114.99 for the tank, and £44.99 for the stand.

So its very cheap!

Sorry to hijack this one but i was in baytree and saw that yesterday too.

I think that this is a freshwater version because it only had a single light inside.

It was a boyu550b.

I may be wrong.

Everyone got my hope up then, I thought I was going to get a 550 £100 cheaper then I could find.

Thanks Seffie for the link for the tank, I have sent an e-mail & will await the results :unsure: .

I will be cowering in the corner when the test paper comes out. :crazy:

I will certainly put pictures up when the tank is up & running. :hyper:

Hi, been reading through the thread. Mainly to do with the filtration side. I will be putting Rowaphos (is thats how you spell it) & also live rubble. I would like to put Chaeto as people have mention & therefore need light. What is the best way to get light to it. Do I need to make any mods, or is there a good light that I can put in that will use suckers (stick to the glass). Also which order is best for the filtration. Many thanks in advance.

Gazza.

Hi, been reading through the thread. Mainly to do with the filtration side. I will be putting Rowaphos (is thats how you spell it) & also live rubble. I would like to put Chaeto as people have mention & therefore need light. What is the best way to get light to it. Do I need to make any mods, or is there a good light that I can put in that will use suckers (stick to the glass). Also which order is best for the filtration. Many thanks in advance.

Gazza.

As you've seen in my thread I've just got a simple marina led white light now stuck in weir (no mod necessary) :good:

Mine is set up left to right as you look at Tank

Powerhead/UV light ------- Heater ------- LR rubble/rowphos/chaeto ------ protein skimmer

Seffie's is slightly differant, but to be honest as long as powerhead is in either far left or right weir it doesn't really matter which order the others are in :good:

Hi, been reading through the thread. Mainly to do with the filtration side. I will be putting Rowaphos (is thats how you spell it) & also live rubble. :good:

I would like to put Chaeto as people have mention & therefore need light. What is the best way to get light to it. Do I need to make any mods, or is there a good light that I can put in that will use suckers (stick to the glass).

We are about to do the same thing - we are planning on buying a cheap stick on light from a lfs -LED

Also which order is best for the filtration. Looking at the tank i have from right to left:

Skimmer (no foam)
Heater and some lr rubble
pump connecting to spray bar and UV + rowaphos

Trod however has hers set up differently

Many thanks in advance.

Gazza.

Seffie x

Sorry to hijack this one but i was in baytree and saw that yesterday too.

I think that this is a freshwater version because it only had a single light inside.

It was a boyu550b.

I may be wrong.

Thats the one!

sorry for getting my facts wrong! but i think it had 2 lights in the hood ^^

im going next week wednesday, getting 2 GBR for a new tank i got given ;)

HI All,

Started to do my shopping list :hyper: but have a quick question. HOw much Chaeto do you recomend I should buy? Seen it on ebay for £4 for 50g, so how much do you recon I would need. Also the same with the Rowaphos & live rubble.

Thanks in advance.

Gazza.

Most reactions

Back