From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Nice! The watersprite will get going in no time so within a few weeks you will have a nice filled out background.

Thanks! So that's what it is! I sure hope so - a couple of the crypts are already showing new growth so I'm pretty hopeful about them as well
good.gif

You must be very pleased, it really looks great

Thank you, I am pretty happy with it, I just need to make myself hold off any buying more plants until everything can fill in a bit!

[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]
[/color][/font]Looks great!! So have you packed up the 48 or are you gonna get more fish for it :hey:

[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]Haha, yep it's been broken down and posted in the classifieds. I think the divorce papers would be on their way if I tried to stock it again lmao![/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]Looks awesome and tidy! Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks, yeah I want to keep it quite "streamlined" if that's the right word for it. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks myself!! :D

Love what you done with your tank, i'm currently on the constant look-out for such a size (and hopefully make!).
The wood in particular looks great, especially with black substrate and backround :good:
Great work!

Terry.

Thanks so much! Approval of my "peers" (though I don't know if I can rank myself as peer with most of you guys yet lol) means a lot :)

Thanks so much! Approval of my "peers" (though I don't know if I can rank myself as peer with most of you guys yet lol) means a lot :)

Can i just say i love what you have done with your smaller, corner tank ?! Is that the 48L? My first was a 30L corner tank and i'm considering getting it back out and trying again :good:

Terry.

Did a water test today just to make sure I didn't start a mini cycle when moving filter media around and I am pleased to say that all is well! Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate looking a little lower than usual at 10 or 20 ppm, I guess it's having live plants doing that :) I was also pleased to see that my mopani wood has lowered my pH a bit and it is now at around 7.4-7.6 (I'm rubbish at reading these tests lol) from the usual 8.0. I'm sure that's made my fish much happier.

The tannins are leaching like crazy but it's ok because I can't wait to do a water change! "What a weirdo!", you say? Well I've bought all the bits I need to make myself a python system so I'm itching to try it out!!

The crypts are growing back in and the wysteria/water sprite (whatever it is!) is going nuts! I'm also starting to see the beginnings of algae on some of the leaves, does this mean I need to start dosing liquid CO2?

Brown, this stuff:

DSCF2951.jpg

DSCF2953.jpg

Oh and remember when I mentioned picking loads of colourful gravel out of the sand? I knew I'd never get it all!

DSCF2933.jpg

lol Why would you ever remove that lovely gravel??? :fun: :fun: Sounds like diatoms. I was just told to throw some Seachem Purigen in my filter to help that. Do extra water changes and wipe it off everything you can.... It can coat everything in a awful nasty layer, so try and keep on it.

Pretty sure co2 doesn't battle it since it was in my high-tech tank with pressurized co2.

Was typing while Stu40 was typing. :p

Awesome thanks guys - got some random fish pics coming up in true Alm0stAwesome style :p

Ok I've just been looking at purigen - how exactly do I add it to my filter? Loose? Do I need to get a filter media bag?

Some piccies:

My snazzy new python system - I haven't used it yet so keep your praise to a minimum if you can
DSCF2975.jpg

New growth on my melty crypts:
DSCF2989.jpg

Corys on a stick:
DSCF3016.jpg

Unfortunately no one was really playing ball tonight except for the ever reliable Zod...besides this thread is seriously lacking in betta pics lol

DSCF3028.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

DSCF3008.jpg

Great on the growth!! Best wishes on the python system...i still haul out buckets, but I get to refill with a hose so its half the joy. Throw the purigen in a media bag...you can refresh it after a few months in a bleach solution. {Been doing my reading on it, haven't had a chance to buy mine yet though}

okie dokie - one more question. Looks like I can get 100ml bagged or 250ml unbagged so I'd need to get a media bag too. How much do I need?

Most reactions

Back