From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

I didn't really like tour original wood hardscape, no offense to you, but even though the plants melted that's a start :good: , I'm pretty sure they'll grow back so thats good. Did you get a new light unit??
I wouldn't move the fish because the last thing you wanna do is move them into this tank then develop finrot too :scream: this tank is cursed forever!!!!!

Thanks Biulu :) It's still soaking, my husband is really pressuring me to put it in the tank but I really want clear water lol

Thanks guys! I hope to make some progress this weekend
good.gif

Hello! Well I bit the bullet and added my wood and filled the tank this weekend. The water is looking a little cloudy but I think the black substrate and black background help to hide the yellow tannins.

Here's the pics!

I put the media from my internal in the bottom layer of the EX1200, between the ceramics and the carbon filter - I hope this was the right way to go about it! One piece was really nice and mucky but the other bit had only been in the filter for 1 1/2 weeks but hopefully had something useful on it.

DSCF2878.jpg

DSCF2883.jpg

The swap over was pretty uneventful apart from the requisite rasbora attempting suicide...he's fine. Here's the end result. There's is a lot of change to happen yet. You can't really see it but there's wisteria planted along the whole back left and there's at least 15 crypts in there that will, with a bit of luck, spring to life in the next couple of weeks.

In the end I think I'll probably remove some of the crypts and wisteria and add some twisted vallis, amazon sword and bacopa. I'm broke so I'm working with what I've got lol!

Please feel free to make recommendations.

DSCF2901-1.jpg

DSCF2903-1.jpg

DSCF2904.jpg

From the left:
DSCF2908.jpg

From the right:
DSCF2911.jpg

The fish, especially the rasbora are really enjoying the change of scenery - my betta is coping with the flow but I think I'll be increasing the size of the holes in the spraybar to ease things a bit.

DSCF2918.jpg

DSCF2929.jpg

DSCF2926.jpg

If you dudes and dudettes would like to suggest future stocking plans I would love to hear them! Increasing rasbora and cory numbers need to be in there and I really fancy the idea of adding some cardinal tetras as well :)

Thanks for looking!!

It's called Ski Teal We Drop by OPI if you're in the market ;)

lol thanks Salam, you can see my nail varnish in the reflection a few posts back. minnnt is VERY in touch with his feminine side, you see.

Ah ok, I was just looking at the recent pictures. You must be very pleased, it really looks great :good:

Looks great!! So have you packed up the 48 or are you gonna get more fish for it :hey:

Most reactions

Back