From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Obnoxious signatures FTW!
w00t.gif
:fun: :lol: :hyper:

Need to get one myself...

I dosed flourish excel for the first time tonight and I'm absolutely cacking it because I'm afraid it's going to kill me vallis. The instructions tell you to do a big dose the first time you use it, eeee!

All of the bronzes, cardinals and hengeli have a new home but the person who's getting them can't take them until the end of July. So my plan is to have:

1 Betta
2 Bristlenose Plecs
10 Sterbai Cory
25 Espei Rasbora

Which, to me, seems quite understocked - do you guys have any ideas? I'm a bit stuck really. Hubby has said that he likes Endlers and they are nice but something seems weird about adding them to this tank...or is that just weird? They still won't do much in the way of upping the stock either lol

Last thing, do you guys think it's possible that adding more sand to my tank has improved the water current? There seems to be less poo collecting in the usual spot ever since I changed....

Yes it's possible it helped flow.

Why not try some....... I'm stuck on suggestions.

You are certainly understocked. In my 46 I am putting 20 Espei, 1 BN, 10-15 cories, 8 kuhlis and I haven't figured out what else. But thats understocked for sure. I could put 2 six inch fish in still.

In my 30 gallon my intended stock is
20 espeis
6 cherry barbs
2 bolivians
2 mollies
1 dwarf gourami
1 bn
1 clown plec

Unsure what this type of stocking is, but I think I may add 5 more espeis :/ I'll see once they're completely settled in. :)

It's 54", 60 if i do the extra 5 espeis, of fish, but should be fine bioload wise I think.

Thanks guys. Sounds like a good start FF, I gotta tell ya though..khulis freak me out a little haha.

That's a lot of nice fish MOF :) Yeah I'd say you are pretty heavily stocked there :p

Where's my bad influence? I think he's fallen out with me since I said he was creepy in another thread
hehe.gif

I could certainly add more corys, I'm not sure about adding more rasboras. I have this image of them outnumbering everyone and roaring around like the Mafia; making the betta pay "protection money".

:lol: The kuhlis are cute in person. They have little cute faces. They hide most of the time, but on my dark sand they should be out under plants.

Lol more like a gang. The mafia would go in smaller groups for collection and carry little bats for the knees.

O M G...rasboras with little bats...and on that note, I'm going to bed!

As far a water parameters go I could have Bolivian Rams but I have no idea about compatability with my betta.

Gouramis aren't reccomended with bettas but I have sometimes wondered if that is more pointed at the dwarf gourami as thick-lipped and honey gouramis are apparently significantly more peaceful, but I still don't know what my betta would do :/ they are much less colourful than dwarfs so may not draw his attention?

Really surprised by this, my dwarf gouramis are the most peaceful, chilled out fish. Or how about kissing gouramis? They are bigger and colourful.

Bolivian rams sound great, if you have soft water you should really consider them.

Bolivians are ok in a wide range of pH but the German Blues need soft water, it's a shame because they are gorgeous! I have somewhat hard water, boooo

Yeah dwarfs and bettas seem to have the same brains but different bodies lol, which is why they say not to keep them together. They are territorial and tend to fight with other brightly coloured fish, at least, that's what I've read about them!

Most reactions

Back