Football Banter/discussion Thread

i dont think he will play the same old players from SA, even he i think realises now he will get annhialated if he does. assuming they're fit, i think gerrard, wilshire and parker will be playing in the middle. that means no place for lampard or barry, which is definitely a good thing. i dont think rio and terry will play together either. rio's only saving grace now is his experience, but that doesnt matter if Terry plays, hes just as experienced. im not a fan of terry either to be honest. niether of them have the pace to cope with international football. you might get away with playing one, but to have 2 slow dinosaur CB's is very....erm.....Italian :lol:

i think kyle walker is already on par with glen johnson talent wise, and over the rest of the season walker will hopefully prove to be far more consistent, which is johnsons biggest problem. cole will rightly play at left back, hes the best in the world right now.

Hopefully some youngsters get a look in, Kelly, Welbeak (who's already played well for us), Carroll if he can bloody get his 35m butt on form, Sturridge, Jones is looking good. Bent doesn't know how to make decent runs.

The younger players do look quality, Kyle Walker is our best right back in my opinion, my preferred line up:

Hart, Walker, Lescott, Cahill, Cole, Walcott, Rodwell, Johnson, Welbeck, Bent, Sturridge.

I'd give Terry the boot, as well as Fat Frank, and Turdinand, they're all past it.

I'd give Terry the boot, as well as Fat Frank, and Turdinand, they're all past it.

made me lol irl.

Id want kelly RB, but then hes one of our boys so yeh :lol: Still think Johnson maybe wouldnt get a look in for country in RM because of better options and everyone considers him a RB but Johnson would make a good RM, his attacking is immense IMO (scored some good goals on his left) and gets in around and past defenders, and crossing is good. Defending is a bit suspect.

the team you've named wont get anywhere near the final, but would be a great excercise in preperation for the world cup. i'll take phil Jones over lescott though. lescott never looks compeltely reliable to me, and Jones is going to an immense CB, and hes got pace.

carrol is well down the pecking order, his Liverpool move was not a good choice. sturridge is the most promising forward we have, followed by welbeck.

the team you've named wont get anywhere near the final, but would be a great excercise in preperation for the world cup. i'll take phil Jones over lescott though. lescott never looks compeltely reliable to me, and Jones is going to an immense CB, and hes got pace.

carrol is well down the pecking order, his Liverpool move was not a good choice. sturridge is the most promising forward we have, followed by welbeck.

Lescott was a big part of us beating spain few weeks back.

Thing with Carroll and Liverpool is both him and the team need to learn to work with each other, style of play tends to change when hes on, but i think Kenny and Clarke will figure that one out in due time. Hes got all the potential he just needs to work hard. Scored some crackers.

Lescott was a big part of us beating spain few weeks back.

Thing with Carroll and Liverpool is both him and the team need to learn to work with each other, style of play tends to change when hes on, but i think Kenny and Clarke will figure that one out in due time. Hes got all the potential he just needs to work hard. Scored some crackers.

agreed about andy, but i was at stamford bridge on tuesday night, and he was mediocre at best. and a lot of the fans seem to be turning a bit and losing patience with him. if he doesnt pick up soon he just wont be on the plane. +1 to sturridge and wellbeck. sturridge is a class act and has a lot more to his game than carroll ever will.

Liverpool will never play the way to make the most of carrol, its not in their blood, and the fans will be seriously annoyed if they do. if he was still at Newcastle this year, he'd have plenty of goals by now. amongst newcastle players, he was was somebody to build the team round and a focal point, at liverpool hes just crouch mk2. but with worse close control. i hope he gets better and plays for england, im not sure it will happen while hes at liverpool though. he needs to look at what Bent has achieved at midtable teams like sunderland and villa. or Newcastle :lol: :lol: :lol:

the way they play with suarez on the pitch, little balls, touches here and there, through balls, is the complete opposite to legging it down the wing and pinging a cross in hoping the big man gets on it. must be hard for the midfield to have to completely change their game depending on whos playing.

Anyone watching the AFC Totton vs Bristol Rovers game? 3 sensational goals in 5 minutes, it's gone pretty stale now though.

Liverpool will never play the way to make the most of carrol, its not in their blood, and the fans will be seriously annoyed if they do. if he was still at Newcastle this year, he'd have plenty of goals by now. amongst newcastle players, he was was somebody to build the team round and a focal point, at liverpool hes just crouch mk2. but with worse close control. i hope he gets better and plays for england, im not sure it will happen while hes at liverpool though. he needs to look at what Bent has achieved at midtable teams like sunderland and villa. or Newcastle :lol: :lol: :lol:

the way they play with suarez on the pitch, little balls, touches here and there, through balls, is the complete opposite to legging it down the wing and pinging a cross in hoping the big man gets on it. must be hard for the midfield to have to completely change their game depending on whos playing.

Thing is Carroll hasnt had the best delivery for his attributes, afterall we have a squad now not a 11 man (or 2 man) team, so we need a right winger (Hopefully Hazard) and we can put out teams depending on the opposition, people are using him as a target man with long balls quite alot up the pitch, i love the combo's of kuyt/suarez/bellamy/downing and even maxi, can all play quick balls and get here and there, but against a team which that aint working, make some subs and can have 2 natural wingers putting balls in for carroll (and when gerrards back, can pick out any pass he wants) and with suarez doing anything else distracting the defence. thats my opinion on it anyway, LFC is still a work in progress :good: Carroll still might turn out to be a complete waste (well, say waste just badly invested profit, from what we made on Torres, who is in Carrolls shoes but for Chelsea, doing the same stuff he did here but rest of the chelsea team aint utilizing him as well)

i think kyle walker is already on par with glen johnson talent wise, and over the rest of the season walker will hopefully prove to be far more consistent, which is johnsons biggest problem. cole will rightly play at left back, hes the best in the world right now.

You'd have Walker or Johnson before Micah Richards?

Haha i forgot about richards.

Maybe thats capellos problem ?

Hes very good, and now you remind me i would rather have him. There must be something were missing though, capello is oblivious to him. Hes very different to walker in how he plays, johnson is very much like walker, except not as good.

Does martin kelly at liverpool play left back? Him, smalling, jones and richards could be our defence for the next 15 years easy, and hart. Thats some base to build an eventually successful team on.

Haha i forgot about richards.

Maybe thats capellos problem ?

Hes very good, and now you remind me i would rather have him. There must be something were missing though, capello is oblivious to him. Hes very different to walker in how he plays, johnson is very much like walker, except not as good.

Does martin kelly at liverpool play left back? Him, smalling, jones and richards could be our defence for the next 15 years easy, and hart. Thats some base to build an eventually successful team on.

Don't know what Crapellos problem is with Richards, he would rather play Jones out of position or Johnson after being injured for 3 months. I haven't seen Walker play enough to have a valid opinion. Couldn't have Kelly from Liverpool, they're a team of 'cloggers' I know they 'beat' Man City 1-1 the other week, and then became odds on to win the league but I'm not convinced about Kelly.

First name on team sheet for me would be Wilshere, we dont have another player as comfortable on the ball like him.

Think Richards declined opportunity to play in a friendly at start of season, and Capello punishing for that.....at least thats one of the stories the media put out.

made me lol irl.

Id want kelly RB, but then hes one of our boys so yeh :lol: Still think Johnson maybe wouldnt get a look in for country in RM because of better options and everyone considers him a RB but Johnson would make a good RM, his attacking is immense IMO (scored some good goals on his left) and gets in around and past defenders, and crossing is good. Defending is a bit suspect.

When he played for us, he scored a cracker from about 35 yards, left peg, against Hull. I think that's what convinced you lot to buy him.

Preferred England lineup:-

Hart; Walker, Lescott, Terry, Baines; Walcott, Wilshere, Rodwell, Adam Johnson; Sturridge , Rooney

Yes I would leave out Gerrard, he's just as past it as Frank Lumplard. Bent is just pants.

Most reactions

Back