Fixing Juwel Light Bar.

Guys can you help me with the wiring on my new ballast.

Thanks

Only just seen this but going by your PM to me you have figured it out :good:

Going to have a go at my 2 x 30W light bar tomorrow,
Not going down the Electronic ballast this time but two single 30w Magnetic ballasts with swich start.
That way they could be indervidualy switched :)
Cheers

can anyone help me find a replacment ballast for my lights, my ballast only has 5 wires total. here is a photo
21022012520.jpg

21022012519.jpg

21022012518.jpg

if anyone could tell me which one i need then that would be great.
cheers

looking at the ballast and inside the light unit it looks like 2 tubes share 1 earth and then there is a live for each tube totaling 3 wires. that bit seems quite clear, i just dont understand how to wire it into the new ballast that has 6 terminals,here it is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIDONIC-ATCO-2-x-30W-T8-HF-ELECTRONIC-BALLAST-/220954495696?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3371ea0ad0

IMAG0232-1.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

here you can see that one end of the tubes are connected by one wire and the other ends are connected by one wire each but the new ballast has 6 terminals

Hi all

Im a newbie to the site having my juwel vision 180 light playing up looking around on ways to fix it,and came across this site and how to fix it,my juwel 180 light is playing up if the ballast needed replacing would the light not work at all,just mine comes on for a few mins then goes off give a tap and it comes back would this mean it would be the ballast ive also put new bulbs in and still does the same.

thanks andrew

I got the exact same tank as you and this week my light unit comes on for a second or two then goes straight off, my light unit is the T8 version. been searching for 3 days for a ballast for mine (2x25w), if you have a T8 unit and find a ballast for it, please let me know where u got it.

My plants are not liking being in the dark.

Hi all

Im a newbie to the site having my juwel vision 180 light playing up looking around on ways to fix it,and came across this site and how to fix it,my juwel 180 light is playing up if the ballast needed replacing would the light not work at all,just mine comes on for a few mins then goes off give a tap and it comes back would this mean it would be the ballast ive also put new bulbs in and still does the same.

thanks andrew

I got the exact same tank as you and this week my light unit comes on for a second or two then goes straight off, my light unit is the T8 version. been searching for 3 days for a ballast for mine (2x25w), if you have a T8 unit and find a ballast for it, please let me know where u got it.

My plants are not liking being in the dark.
Hi I had the exact same problem couldnt find a new ballast 2x25w on ebay went to my local electrical suppliers they had one £10

Hi

I am having exactly the same issue with my juwel 180 lighting system as you had. I opened the plastic canpoy to find a ballast with 3 wires on one end an two on the other - i just wondered if you managed to resolve the problem and if so how. Having just spent a fortune on having to replace both the tubes, powerhead and heater within the last 4 weeks trying desperatley not to have to buy a new unit.

can anyone help me find a replacment ballast for my lights, my ballast only has 5 wires total. here is a photo
21022012520.jpg

21022012519.jpg

21022012518.jpg

if anyone could tell me which one i need then that would be great.
cheers

Hi All,

I'm Jay, pleased to meet you!

I bought a used Juwel Rio 125 today with a faulty light unit.

Will this work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=221004521847

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=221004521847

With these lights:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200523180058&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Thanks

Jay

What you need is a ballast made to work with 18W tubes. The rating on the ballast is always given, at least it is in the US in terms of tube wattage and how many. The diagram on the ballast itself even tells you how to wire it up. I did not get anything with your first links but the last one took me to an ad for the 18W tubes.

Hi there,

I am new on the forum... as I Googled Juwel light bar this thread came up.... I have a Vison 260 38w with the ballast problem but I cannot fine a 38w ballast anywhere I can see 36w and 56w can I use the 56w ballast or will that burn out?

thanks in advance :)

If you use the 58 watt, you will be overdriving the tube. It would work for a while but can be dangerous because it will tend to run hotter than it should.

Be aware that many electronic ballasts list quite a few different tube combinations because they automatically adjust output to match the tubes that they list. In that case you would not be overdriving and a ballast capable of driving a larger tube would just be idling.

Most reactions

Back