Fish Quiz

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lE0wTDdZc

the_lock_man is correct.  That answer is Bolivian Ram.

Batter Up!

eaglesaquarium said:
Just answer with a period. Sure, unsure, whatever.. why add a question mark because it's a guess? No one cares if you are wrong.
*sniff sniff*...I care! 
cry1.gif

Anyhoo, it was just sarcasm, hehe. It's a defence mechanism, sorry!

Fishmanic said:
This egg-laying fish  is a good community fish that will form pairs and often remains faithful to each other. They  are golden brown in color with reddish highlights on the dorsal and caudal fins and pearly turquoise-blue highlights on the pelvic and anal fins. A black 'spot' is in the center of the body and a black line runs from the top of the eye to the bottom of the head.[/size]

You will mostly see this fish at the bottom of the tank and it prefers a sand substrate.  The tank should have several dense plant groups and plenty of open swimming space. This fish  also likes  caves in which to hide in and stones to spawn on.  This is  is compatible with other peaceful fish.  Adult size is about 3inches.

Name this fish.

eaglesaquarium said:
german blue rams?

sawickib said:
Kribensis?

the_lock_man said:
Bolivian Ram?

You fellas realize that someone else already asked the question. :p

Now, answer it.
Eagles you may notice that in FM's post there was not a single question mark used. So they were simply questioning is statement. :p

question mark use or non-use is petty----can we get on with the quiz

Next question please:

the_lock_man  is Up 

I think the_lock_man will forgive us for starting again. His 12 hours will be up soon. I doubt he will be back online tonight.

Someone start a question please!

OK.
What is levaimsole used for?

TallTree01 said:

This egg-laying fish  is a good community fish that will form pairs and often remains faithful to each other. They  are golden brown in color with reddish highlights on the dorsal and caudal fins and pearly turquoise-blue highlights on the pelvic and anal fins. A black 'spot' is in the center of the body and a black line runs from the top of the eye to the bottom of the head.[/size]

You will mostly see this fish at the bottom of the tank and it prefers a sand substrate.  The tank should have several dense plant groups and plenty of open swimming space. This fish  also likes  caves in which to hide in and stones to spawn on.  This is  is compatible with other peaceful fish.  Adult size is about 3inches.

Name this fish.

eaglesaquarium said:

german blue rams?

sawickib said:
Kribensis?

the_lock_man said:
Bolivian Ram?

You fellas realize that someone else already asked the question.
tongue2.gif

Now, answer it.
Eagles you may notice that in FM's post there was not a single question mark used. So they were simply questioning is statement.
tongue2.gif

I had not. :blush:
WILDER said:
I think the_lock_man will forgive us for starting again. His 12 hours will be up soon. I doubt he will be back online tonight.

Someone start a question please!

OK.
What is levaimsole used for?

Treating internal parasites, like camallanus.

it's used to treat fish that have callamanus worms--- a type of parasite.

Correct. Your turn eaglesaquarium.
Sorry for jumping in guys but some members just like to see the quiz carrying on. It's just a bit of fun. Learn loads by it.
Which has already been achieved by some of the replys. Well Done.

WILDER said:
Correct. Your turn eaglesaquarium.
Sorry for jumping in guys but some members just like to see the quiz carrying on. It's just a bit of fun. Learn loads by it.
Which has already been achieved by some of the replys. Well Done.

I think its understood.

What is the proper way to use clove oil to euthanize a fish?

put the clove oil  in a small container with water, shake it till it turns milky---put the fish in a bowl of tank water and add the clove oil mixture to it---the fish will become unconscious quickly and will soon go to sleep and die   

I am so smart.   Now the hard part---need to think of another question.

Here's a question that might help the newbies to our forum.  

I just bought two fish.   Unfortunately the parameters of the water in the bag the fish came in is way off from my tank water---temps and ph don't match.   What is the safest  and most successful  procedure to slowly introduce the fish to the parameters of my tank water. 

drip acclimation over a couple of hours, using a length of air line with a knot tied in it to slowly add water to the bag drip by drip.

Or, if you wanted to be super careful...by setting up a quarantine aquarium, initially using only water from the store. Then over a period of weeks, using a mixture of water from your tap and your existing aquarium to perform water changes.

Most reactions

Back