Fish Identification Game V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBOU said:
Popondetta furcata (Forktail Rainbow)
biggrin.png

winner.gif

Pseudomugil-furactus-Peter-1.jpg

Logged back in at exactly the right time for the speediest ever answer lol.

Think I am being a bit mean with this one as I keep forgetting the first part of its scientific name and have to keep checking lol, I have kept them once and only ever knew them by their common name.

fishy4_zpsfb172525.jpg

I set you up to win since you were digging through small rainbows accidentally. :p

I really want this fish now.

I love the Popondetta and Pseudomugil species, they have the be amongst the most stunning of species! Would definitely keep them if given the chance!

Its a loach, i'll give you that far...

MBOU said:
Logged back in at exactly the right time for the speediest ever answer lol.

Think I am being a bit mean with this one as I keep forgetting the first part of its scientific name and have to keep checking lol, I have kept them once and only ever knew them by their common name.

fishy4_zpsfb172525.jpg

Traccatichthys pulcher - Rainbow or Mountain Loach :)

Nope, nope and then nope.. actually... that might have been before it was reclassified..... I think... *runs back to check*

Nope! Nope Paradise but close!!
smile.png
 It doesn't help that the two species are often confused and the photo I used is not a particularly happy loach which makes it look more like the species you said... but very close, you should be able to get it now though :)

Yes it is Paradise
tongue2.gif

You know? I so nearly put "this one will keep you guys quiet until Paradise shows up" below the photo!! haha

MBOU said:
Yes it is Paradise :p

You know? I so nearly put "this one will keep you guys quiet until Paradise shows up" below the photo!! haha

Well there's only two species in the genus Traccatichthys and I had looked at keeping Traccatichthys pulcher before XD I look at way too many fish to keep don't I? We can all have dreams though :(

Here's mine, easy peasy lemon squeezy :)

Photo0261.jpg

My own fish, my own picture :) My old babies. Both names please :)

Will let someone else answer this one... unless they take too long ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back