Favorite Author

Dean Koontz - bought a large collection of 40+ of his book on ebay. and was thrilled to find some of his 1st books in there. Anyone read Night Chills, i think it was his 2nd or 3rd book.

Richard laymon
James Herberts - Rats Trilogy
Cornelia Funkes - Inkheart/Inkspell
Christopher paulini - Eragon/Eldest.
Neil Gaiman Can't wait for the Film Version of Death.

Terry brooks is awesome for fantasy, demons, elves and dwarfs etc :good:

Well everyone here probably has a few authors they particularly like, so I figured that having everyone post their favorite author and the genre, and possibly a notable book, would be a great way for people to find new books that they would like.

I'll start this off with a few:

Stephen King: Horror/Suspense. I would highly recommend the Roland The Gunslinger saga. It's a 7 book story, that covers everything you could possibly imagine and more.

Clive Cussler: Adventure/Mystery. My personal favorite is Lost City, which was amazing. I would recommend any of his books. Most of them the central character is one person (Dirk Pitt) but there are a few other main characters in other books.

Brian Jacques: Fantasy/ Adventure. His Redwall series is the most notable. It's set in a world where animals act like people and walk and talk. It's not nearly as lame as it sounds, and the storyline through all the books is very very good.

"Cluny! Cluny! Cluny the Scourge!" guess who?

I like Lauren Myracle; she's written a few books that were written in IM form; ahh so fun to read! :D
I'd recommened TTYL & TTFN, very good books! I've read them each like 3 times! I love them.

I'd also recommend Stephen King's books; his are very good.
Of course J.K. Rowling's books; as I love HP! I'm not like a HUGE HP fan; but her books are so fun to read & HP is such a classic, LOL.

George R.R. Martin for his A Song of Ice and Fire novels, brilliant writing.
Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
Recently read Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, very well writing and going to try more of her books.

Recently read Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, very well writing and going to try more of her books.
try the liveship trilogy as they are set on the same 'world' only a little further east of the 6 Dutchies.
Robin Hobb is a brilliant writer :good:

J.R.R.Tolkein, *ahem* J.K.Rowling, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert, Steven Hawkins, Herman Melville (took me an entire YEAR to read that book).

try the liveship trilogy as they are set on the same 'world' only a little further east of the 6 Dutchies.
Robin Hobb is a brilliant writer :good:
I've actually already got the first book of that trilogy. :) Just going to finish ploughing through the Sword of Truth series... why I've kept with them this long, I'll never know...

J.K. Rowling
When people thinking his writting foolish and childiesh she continue on path and now a days no body dare to ignore her relavence.....

I have several authors that if I see one of their books I buy it.

Clive Barker
Andy McNabb
Chris Ryan
Michael Crichton
JK Rowling
Dan Brown

I also read quite a few autobiographies, normally by people that interest me or are heroes, Like Robbie Fowler, Kenny Dalglish, Brian Clough & Ricky Tomlinson. Diving related books take up quite a lot of room in my house too, everything from training manuals for courses that I might do, Fish ID books, dive site guides and history of diving books like Jacques Cousteau.

I've recently picked up some old titles, like the full Sherlock Holmes series, along with classics like Dracula & Frankenstein and I bought a Shaun Hutson book this week as a friend of mine (who's literary opinion I trust) rates him very highly.

That lot should keep me busy for a while.

Arfie

Most reactions

Back