Ethos' Nano Diary

Your SG could have risen if the water has now cooled. Is your heater in that pic fully submerged? I dont really like the look of haw its 'protruding' from the water like that. :nod:

Can your LFS test your water? Most do for free, or even a couple of bucks.

Are you topping off with freshwater yet? If you are not topping off the s.g. will rise. SH

No, I addeda cup of FW once, but it almost looked like a chemical when I first put it in the water.
I mean, it was like looking at something through the gas that a bombfire produces..that clear, thick stuff.
I dunno how to explain it better than that, it was just different..

I didnt read it but to stick it to you I did! Well as far as the nano cubes go, if you want fish the 12 gallon, the 6 can really only hold inverts, but Im going under the rule I was taught no sw fish under 10 gallons. I do like the look of the nanos, and for the money it isnt bad to have the whole setup, sump filter, powerhead, lighting, etc. As for topping off w/ fw, most pet shop will sell a gallon of R/O water, Im not sure how expensive it is but its cheap.

No, I addeda cup of FW once, but it almost looked like a chemical when I first put it in the water.
I mean, it was like looking at something through the gas that a bombfire produces..that clear, thick stuff.
I dunno how to explain it better than that, it was just different..

That is what everyone see's. It will disipate eventually. Add your FQW above your filter outlet or your power head stream. :thumbs:

If you don't top off with FW, the s.g. on your tank will climb and you'll nuke your tank. SH

Went to this amazing petstore tonight, saw tons of corals and such.....except...i was explaining my nano to the guy who worked there..But he said for soft corals you need frags? What?
Also saw some 'dorys' tangs (Forget their name) that were less than 3/4" inch long...so cute!

Corals are usually sold attached to small pieces of rocks. They are termed 'frags'...short for fragmented since most people who grow them, then divide them or fragment them for sale. SH

So I don't really need to buy any frags...they should just come on the corals?
But what if I order it off like....Live aquaria? Do you know that they come on frags?

So I don't really need to buy any frags...they should just come on the corals?
But what if I order it off like....Live aquaria? Do you know that they come on frags?
A frag is the piece of coral which as SH mentioned is 'fragged' from a larger coral, not the piece of rock it gets attatched to. :thumbs:

Well, theres talk about moving the nano downstairs to complement out new flat screen. It sounds funny in therioy, but when you see the room layout it makes sence. when I move it I'll take pics, but that wont be till after christmas.
And, if its downstairs, my parents'll have to see it everyday, which means I might be able to get them to buy corals and chemicals and such.
Its ingenious if you ask me ;)

Anyways, I've been dealing with salt creep for the first time this past week.
We coulda bought chemi pure or something like that the other day, which'll have been pretty nice.
But I forgot my money.

Would it be weird if I bought chemipure or w/e, then add a fish before I add corals?

Sea horses are a great addition to a tank. Though I dont think u can get them from a regular pet store. I dont even know what size tank they need 2 be in...Well now that I think about it, im not even helping you... :X

-Arrowhead :ninja:

I don't think seahorses are a good idea for a couple of reasons...

Very fragile
Need low water movement
Not reef safe (I think)

I think it could be done if you set up a seperate tank for them, but not a good idea in a community.

Most reactions

Back