Ethos' Nano Diary

I was actually thinking since I'm not that brilliant of a SW fishkeeper yet, I'd get the cheapest fish I could for now, then when I feel more confident I'll get nicer ones...
The cheapest I can get are Blue Damsels, whatdya think?

if you want anything besides damsles then add the damsels last. some good hardy fish are clown gobby, firefish, tanks raised clownfish, most gobbis, damsles, chormis........thats all i can think of. all of these fish are hardy and easy to care for. btw have you gotten your cleaning crew yet?

Oh, I know a good store with alot of fish for nano tanks!

It's called: Something Fishy. It's like half a block away from A World of Fish.

As said damels last, they will claim the tank, and be agressive if put in first. Ive seen gibies evrywhere pretty cheap, even if they are a couple dollars more Id go that route.

Don't worry, I did my research. I ment like having damsels for a year or so, then give em away when I feel confident with my nano skills. Then go on with some real fish...

I'm talking about $$ here. Cheapest I've seen for decent clownfish around here OA is $14. And trust me, you can't learn everything from online or books, or other peoples experince. I learn stuff all the time I was never told.
Like spray from the filter will get salt clumps on the surfice its closest to.
Blue damsels cost $2.50 at petco.
No one can every garentee SW fish, thats why you need experince.
If you can find a good place that garuntees SW fish in our area, I'd be glad to know!

.....And they only grow a foot long. Itd be nice if they came in dwarf, but they don't.

I saw it. It looks....old and not well up. Plus it looks small.....hmhm.

I wonder why SH and Parker never read mine anymore..

It's actually not real old, it looks bad from the outside, but from the inside, it is completely refurnished! Looks can be deciving too. That place is about half the size of A World of Fish

$14 for a clown fish! $2.50 for a damsel!
OMG!
clowns here are $25-$40 and damsels are no less then $10!

you're lucky to live in America....

DD

The Damsels are on sale, its like 60% off.
The clownfish are those tomato ones, nothing to look at.

I'm going to buy the cleaner crew sometime before christmas, one fish too...

Most reactions

Back