Ehudd's Nano Journal

Which would explain why they are hosting in the Anemone. Most Anemone shrimp would do that in the wild for protection from predators. I'd say you've got some of the LFS's live stock FOC :good:

Which may also be why the clowns are not interested in the nem. I read somewhere that if you want your clowns hosting (may be on here somewhere) that you should not have any shrimps or crabs that also host nems.

I'd be shocked if the clowns didn't forcibly eject the shrimp from the Nem though if they really wanted to host it. Clowns do have a nasty side if they want to show it...

I have heard of clowns being nasty, I know mine are not fully mature yet but bowing down to a YWG, they are either wimps or I have rejects. Either way they will not share, I am sure you would agree.

Aye, when the host, that's it. Nothing, even the keeper can get close to the nem without being constantly harassed and bitten by them, and they have teeth... Nice fish though, and well behaved when not guarding something...

RIP bta.

So i covered up the tunze and my other filters. So he decided to find another way to kill himself.... crawl into the protien skimmer
sucks, its funny how easy money can be wasted on a tank. Not so much wasted i guess, but its still annoying.
So i will be holding off buying anything else. Poor shrimp, might take them back to the LFS so they have a home.

Other news, clowns are taking a liking to my elegance :D

Next to poor water quality and light, wandering into powerhead inlet strainers is probably the fastest way nems kill themselvs. Sorry to hear about that Ehudd.

Definitely take the shrimp back to the store, hopefully they have another BTA. Some commensal inverts like that don't survive long without their host.

:sad: Sorry to hear about the Anemone Skimmers, filters and pumps suck. At least you now know if you want to try another one, the skimmer needs guarding also :nod: This said, you'll no doubt be letting the tank mature for a year or so first anyway though if you do get another...

All the best
Rabbut

:sad: Sorry to hear about the Anemone Skimmers, filters and pumps suck. At least you now know if you want to try another one, the skimmer needs guarding also :nod: This said, you'll no doubt be letting the tank mature for a year or so first anyway though if you do get another...

All the best
Rabbut

Im not going to get another one, they are hosting in my elegance :D and so are the shrimp, big happy family atm.

All the best
Rabbut

Im not going to get another one, they are hosting in my elegance :D and so are the shrimp, big happy family atm.

Don't think the elegance will like that for long :crazy:

Seffie x

:fish:

ps will post the power head guard that i found on a new thread

All the best
Rabbut

Don't think the elegance will like that for long :crazy:

Seffie x

:fish:

ps will post the power head guard that i found on a new thread

I have had clowns host in an elegance before that lived happyily till i sold them.
I did take the shrimp back to the LFS but bought them again, they have a pair in their display living in a frogspawn, and have been for months. So im going to give it a try. They went straight back into the elegence, and the clowns didnt mind at all.
shrimp.jpg

Sorry to hear about your BTA, I lost mine a while ago to the powerhead, once they decide to move there ain't no stooping 'em :crazy:
Like you, I have decided not to get another one, I was totally stressed about it from the minute it went in till the day I lost it. Never again :blink:

Most reactions

Back